Certificates (RUDN University, Northeastern University)
Date: July 2, 2019 – August 10, 2019
Who is invited to our school?
Northeastern University students (Boston, USA).
What are we going to tell you (description in a simple and popular way)?
Developed at the request of Northeastern University, our course will help you to learn more about the history and culture of the Russian Federation, as well as provide insight into modern Russia and specific features of international relations between Russia and the United States.
Module “Russian History: Past And Present”, RUDN University (lecture course in English):
- Russia and the United States in Modern World
- Personality Cult – Causes and Sequences
- Post-Stalin Period: Nikita Khruschov in the USSR History
- Specifics of the Russian Regions. History of Moscow
Module “Intercultural Dialogue: Russia - USA”, Northeastern University
- Guidance Discussion. Course structure. Assignments for students to prepare their individual projects “My Russia”.
- Round table: Russia and the USA: Similarities and Differences
- Round table: Features of Modern Russia
- Final Discussion. Projects “My Russia”, multimedia presentations.
How will you spend your spare time? (tours – what kind of tours? etc.)
Tours: Moscow sightseeing tour, Museum of Applied Arts, VDNH, Museum of Cosmonautics, Jewish Museum, Kolomna, Modern Tretyakov Gallery, Muzeon, Bunker-42, and Novodevichy Convent.
Education terms (what is included in the price? Classes, accommodation, meals, tours? What are the accommodation conditions? Any attractions in the area?).
RUDN: tuition – 16 academic hours, accommodation in a campus dorm.
Northeastern University: tuition – 32 academic hours (implemented in the Russian Federation).