A double-degree programme "Organic farming" is being implemented in English in cooperation with the Aristotle University of Thessaloniki (Greece). The aim of the programme is to educate highly qualified specialists in the field of organic production of agriculture.
This programme meets the international market requirements and international quality standards.
The programme gives theoretical knowledge and practical skills in modern agro-biotechnology (with use of molecular-genetic methods of research) and in the field of effective land use.
Special attention is paid to the search, synthesis and production of new non-chemical means of protection from pathogens in the vegetation period and during storage of the finished product.
The programme educates joint groups of students from Russian and Greek partner universities. It is focused on training specialists of international standards, adapted to work in the legal, organizational, administrative and production field of Russia and the EU countries.
- The first year of training is conducted at the Agro-technological Institute of RUDN (Russia). The second year of training is conducted at the faculty of agriculture, forestry and natural resources at the Aristotle University of Thessaloniki (Greece).
- Leading Russian and foreign biotechnology and agribusiness holding companies support educational process, which has scientific and production orientation. Graduates will have the opportunity of further employment and creation of their own production.
- Creation of joint projects for the production and sale of food products with international certification.
- Scientific work and projects on the thesis can be performed on the basis of RUDN, and in the expert laboratories of companies, food producers. The preparation of the thesis can be supervised by teachers from RUDN and foreign partner universities.
- Students enrolled in the programme will participate in scientific and creative events such as international exhibitions, competitions and conferences.
Graduates’ expertise and career opportunities
Graduates of the programme are in demand in the field of high-tech agribusiness, focused on the production of food products, in certification authorities and research institutes. Master’s degree gives the opportunity to:
- enter postgraduate programmes in Russian, European and American universities to obtain a PhD degree;
- work in international organizations and institutes of FAO UNESCO;
- work in scientific and production clusters, in Russian and international companies that produce and sell food products, in Rosselkhoznadzor service (Centre for Plant Quarantine), in customs departments.