About the profession
As part of the "Advertising and Public Relations" direction, students are given the opportunity to obtain a profession in the fields of advertising or public relations, which began to be formed in Russia in the 1990s. And today these are developed and actively developing business sectors.
Advertising and PR today is:
- a unique education with a universal range, giving the opportunity to try yourself in a variety of areas - from creative to the leadership of serious communication projects
- a mainstream profession with a high social status, creative potential and worthy material rewards
- a system knowledge and skills not only in the sphere of classical advertising and PR, but also in a wide field of marketing communications, without which modern business cannot develop
- a diploma, which is a powerful argument in the job placement not only in Russian, but also in international companies
- a wide range of communication and interesting life in the world of communications
Starting from the first year students are included not only in the study of disciplines in the specialty, but also in practical activities by profession in the framework of training practice, as well as in the preparation and conduct of the scientific and practical conference "Advertising Vector". Students study marketing, management, integrated marketing communications in the spheres of advertising and public relations, but at the same time they get acquainted with the communication market of Russia and foreign countries, learn how to build and implement advertising and PR strategies in their practical activities. A number of practice-oriented disciplines prepare students for the promotion of goods / services, companies, individuals or ideas in the Internet environment.
"Fundamentals of Integrated Communications in Advertising and PR", "Foundations of Branding", "Fundamentals of Design and Composition", "Production Technologies in Advertising and Public Relations", "Psychology of Advertising and PR", "Theory and Practice of Mass Information", "Computer Technologies in advertising design "," Information technologies in advertising and PR "," Organization of work of advertising and public relations departments "," Marketing research and situation analysis ", etc.
Along with the main compulsory subjects, every term the student is offered to determine for himself one or two elective disciplines, which allows building for each individual educational trajectory. The program offers the following disciplines at the student's choice: ‘Image design’, ‘Non-standard advertising and PR technologies’, ‘Modern presentation technologies’, ‘Development of creative thinking’, ‘Practice of modern branding’, ‘Strategy and tactics of SMM’, ‘Speechwriting’, ‘Naming’," Event-marketing ‘, ‘Producer of TV and radio advertising’, ‘Efficiency of advertising campaigns’, ‘Development of digital-project’ and many others.
The peculiarity of this program is that the student necessarily learns 2 foreign languages: English to the level of an interpreter in the professional sphere, which is very important, since in international communication agencies it is often the main working language; one of the languages for study is chosen by the student (it is suggested to choose from the following: German, French, Italian, Spanish or Chinese).
During the entire period of study, students are included in practical professional activities: 1) in the framework of educational, production and pre-graduation practices that are held once a year and are held in communication agencies, communications departments in Russian and foreign companies and the media, as well as in public authorities ; 2) in the process of participating in creative and professional Russian and international competitions; 3) in the framework of participation in professional projects as an assistant trainee.
During the training program you can participate in the following foreign internships:
- in France: you can visit one of the most famous advertising festivals in the world - Cannes Lions (CannesLions) (Cannes, France);
- in Latvia: you can study at the European School of Video Arts, organized by the Graduate School of Business, Arts and Technology "RISEBA" (Riga, Latvia);
- in London: you can visit the Week of Advertising (London, UK), etc.
In addition, business games, trainings, master classes of leading experts in the field of communication form directly in the process of training future professionals as a professional picture of the world, as well as professional competencies.
Our graduates are armed with a whole arsenal of unique knowledge to promote brands, companies and ideas. Our young specialists are expected not only in communication agencies, but also in advertising and PR departments of print and electronic media, Internet structures, and public relations departments of commercial and state organizations of the highest rank and in many other fields of modern information business.