About the profession
Oncology is a very broad field and covers such important fields as oncologic surgery, therapy, radiotherapy, medical oncology, diagnostic radiology, morphology . The educational program is designed for persons with higher medical education. The program is aimed at obtaining the necessary knowledge and skills in the field of oncology using modern methods of diagnosis and treatment of a wide range of cancer patients.
The program is aimed at the training of highly qualified scientific and academic staff, who can conduct research in the relevant field of oncology and related fields of science and higher education. It includes introductory lectures, a large amount of practical classes in the departments, research organizations and healthcare centers of the health care system. Postgraduate students prepare their research work under the guidance of Doctors of Medicine and other sciences, heads of medical organizations. Postgraduate students consistently produce high quality research, published primarily in the International and in local peer-reviewed journals.
The scientific research internship is organized in close cooperation with the research work of a postgraduate student and contributes to the formation of competences necessary for conducting scientific research and to the development of the skills of independent scientific research work.
The teaching internship implies learning the disciplines "Oncology " (knowledge, skills and abilities gained in learning this subject are necessary for the competent development of the content of training sessions); "Teaching methodology" (consolidation of knowledge, skills and abilities of methodological development and analysis of the basic forms of training sessions and extracurricular activities, explaining, testing and control of knowledge, organizing the educational work with students).
The advantages of obtaining a degree on this specialization for career development:
- the possibility to conduct the critical analysis and assessment of modern scientific achievements;
- the perspective of generation of new ideas for solving specific practical or research tasks in the field of oncology;
- the design and conduct of integrated research in the field of studying the public health;
- participation in the work of Russian and International research teams; participation in the work of International and regional healthcare organizations;
- teaching activities in profession-oriented higher education institutions and colleges.