About the profession
The tourism industry is considered one of the fastest growing and promising. Specialist in the field of tourism deals with issues related to the organization of travel at different levels. Of particular importance is the activities related to the strategic development of tourism, the definition of priorities in the development of tourism activities of the territories, the forecasting, design and planning of tourism services at the level of the city, region, and country. Organization and management of the development of tourist clusters, tourist complexes, and analysis of the tourism services market, development and implementation of innovations in the tourism industry require special knowledge and competence.
The undergraduate program "Tourism" is aimed at those who want to get practical professional knowledge in the field of organizing and conducting tourist activities.
The advantage of learning is a practice-oriented approach. From the first year students get acquainted with the specifics of work in tourism, solve professional problems in the course of interactive training, research design, production practice.
The implementation of the program and the formation of competencies are provided by highly qualified scientific and pedagogical staff and wide practical interaction with representatives of the tourist industry of Russia and foreign countries.
Students study basic fundamental and applied professional disciplines:
- Organization of tourist activities;
- Management in the tourism industry;
- Marketing in the tourism industry;
- Basics of creating a tourist product;
- Tourist and recreational design;
- Economy in the tourism industry;
- Foreign language;
- Legal support of tourist activities, etc.
Students are given a unique opportunity to practice in the leading enterprises of the tourist industry, including tourist administrations at city, regional and state levels.
Partners of the Institute
- tourist companies "Sodis", "Alean", "Vand International Tour", "Viking Travel", "Natalie Tours", "Sunrise Tour", "DSBW", "TUI", etc.
As a result of mastering the program, bachelors acquire the skills to solve the following professional tasks:
- development, promotion and implementation of the tourist product;
- organization of complex tourist services in the main sectors of the tourism industry, etc.
Upon completion of the training, graduates can carry out professional activities in tourist companies, excursion bureaus, public authorities related to the organization of tourism, public and private companies engaged in tourism on the international, national, regional and local levels.