About the profession
Transport is one of the most important spheres in the economy of any state. This system provides production links and is an indicator of the state of world trade. As of 2015, statistics directly indicate a decline in international cargo transportation. Transport companies experienced their own crisis as a result of a decrease in the industrial and construction turnover, a slowdown in the consumer goods market. Current conditions dictate strict requirements. Offering only shipping services is often not enough. A trend is on comprehensive logistics solutions and cooperation with professional operators that can take on the solution of all transportation problems.
Already in the first year of study, students are intensively immersed in the profession. Students acquire basic knowledge in the professional field by learning the practice-oriented disciplines.
The studied specialized disciplines cover the main areas of operation of transport and technological machines and systems:
- Organization of international transport
- Organization of road transport and road safety
- Automotive logistics
- Regulatory support in the organization of international road transport
- Warehouse logistics
- Engineering service management
- Autoservice marketing
- Licensing and certification on automotive transport;
- Fundamentals of design of automotive transport enterprises;
- Fundamentals of safe traffic and road traffic accident expertise;
- Fundamentals of vehicle technical maintenance;
- Production and technological infrastructure of automobile service enterprises;
- Resource saving during maintenance and repair;
- Certification and licensing in the production and operation of transport and transport-technological machines and equipment (TTTME).
Traineeship and internship
On-the-job and pre-graduation internships with the subsequent employment are held at the State Unitary Enterprise (SUE) “Mosgortrans" and Limited Liability Company (LLC) RUS-AVTODOM - an official dealer of the Volkswagen Group, as well as at enterprises and organizations in Moscow and regions of the Russian Federation engaged in the operation and maintenance of transport and technological machines and systems.
Graduates can work at enterprises of various industries on the provision of services and the service of transport and technological machines and equipment, in brand and dealer centers, showrooms, shops where cars, units, spare parts are sold; points and stations for refueling and sale of operational materials; exhibition complexes of design and research centers; technical advertising and publishing services; organizations that monitor the technical condition of transport and technological machines and equipment in accordance with the current legislation; recoverable resources development services.