Service Maintenance of Transport and Technological Machines
Operation of Transport-technological Machines and Complexes
Academy of Engineering
About the profession
Since the end of the 19th century, an automobile has clearly become an integral part of human life and a linking element in the global transport system between water, air, railway and pipeline transport. Since the emergence and development of automotive transport, such industry as technical maintenance has formed and developed, and its main components are as follows: service - provision of services for maintaining motor vehicles in good technical condition and technical expertise that forms prerequisites for assessing changes in the potential technical and economic properties of motor vehicles and thus the management of their life cycle.
Already in the first year of study, students are intensively immersed in the profession. They acquire basic knowledge in the professional field by learning the practice-oriented disciplines.
The studied specialized disciplines cover the main areas of operation of transport and technological machines and systems:
- Design and basics of calculation of power plants;
- Design and operational properties of transport and transport-technological machines and equipment (TTTME);
- Licensing and certification on automotive transport;
- Fundamentals of design of automotive transport enterprises;
- Organization of road transport and traffic safety;
- Fundamentals of Safe Traffic and Road Traffic Accident Expertise;
- Fundamentals of vehicle technical maintenance;
- Production and technological infrastructure of automobile service enterprises;
- Resource saving during maintenance and repair;
- Certification and licensing in the production and operation of transport and transport-technological machines and equipment (TTTME), etc.
Traineeship and internship
On-the-job and pre-graduation internships with the subsequent employment are held at the State Unitary Enterprise (SUE) “Mosgortrans" and Limited Liability Company (LLC) RUS-AVTODOM - an official dealer of the Volkswagen Group, as well as at enterprises and organizations in Moscow and regions of the Russian Federation engaged in the operation and maintenance of transport and technological machines and systems.
Graduates can work at enterprises of various industries on the provision of services and the service of transport and technological machines and equipment, in brand and dealer centers, showrooms, shops where cars, units, spare parts are sold; points and stations for refueling and sale of operational materials; exhibition complexes of design and research centers; technical advertising and publishing services; organizations that monitor the technical condition of transport and technological machines and equipment in accordance with the current legislation; recoverable resources development services.