In 2017, the International Conference on the Dynamics and Management of DyCoSS space systems was held with the participation of 10 universities from TOP-250 and the participants from 20 countries. In 2018, the International Forum IAA SciTech Forum 2018 will be held, including two conferences: IAA Conference on Space Flight Mechanics, IAA Conference on Space Structures and Materials.
In the Flight Control Center (FCC) of the RUDN, the skills necessary to support the spacecraft flight control are developed based on the use of motion data from the International Space Station and the spacecraft received via a direct communication channel with the Flight Control Center of the FGUP TsNIImash (Korolev).
The 113th cosmonaut of Russia (USSR) and the 526th cosmonaut of the world. He made a space flight on Soyuz TMA-04M manned transport ship in May – September 2012.
The Earth Remote Sensing Center conducts a thematic study in the field of satellite data processing of the Earth remote sensing in the interests of various industries, agriculture and environmental management.
They developed an interactive map of industrial products manufactured in the Russian Federation. The map shows the production facilities, as well as the concentration of the production facilities by the regions of Russia.
Department of Mechanics and Mechatronics
The Department trains the Bachelors and Masters in the following fields: Applied Mathematics and Computer Science, Management in Technical Systems, Nanoengineering (Bachelor’s), Nanotechnologies and Microsystems Engineering in the specialties of Mathematical Methods of Flight Mechanics for Launch Vehicles and Spacecraft (Bachelor’s ), Information Technologies in Management (Bachelor’s), Ballistic design of space complexes and systems (Master’s), Technologies for thematic processing of satellite remote sensing data of the Earth in the interests of various industries, agriculture and environmental management (Master’s), Design and management of space flight of small satellites (Master’s), Information technologies in space robotics and intelligent control systems (Master’s), 3-D printing additive technologies in mechanical engineering (Master’s), Intellectualization and optimization of management processes (Master’s), Engineering and physical technology in nanoindustry (Master’s).
Purpose. The programmes are aimed at training the specialists in the field of integrated automation of production, design and creation of robotics and intelligent systems in the interests of the aerospace, engineering, energy and other industries, the development of control systems for spacecraft and other aircraft, including the unmanned measuring and control devices. In the process of training students receive the skills required for independent work in the field of development, design and optimization of products and technologies for various functional purposes, the integrated use of nanomaterials, nanotechnology processes and nanotechnology equipment.
Department of Engineering Business and Management
The Department trains the Bachelors and Masters in the field of Management in technical systems in the specialty of Management of innovations in the engineering business.
Purpose. The programmes are aimed at the development of the skills required for successful work in a competitive business environment, at the understanding of the significance of innovation for the high-tech manufacturing business, and also at obtaining the modern enterprise management tools. They are focused on combining the basic principles and practical features of the organization and management of the innovations in production, in particular in the rocket and space industry.
The basic RUDN and NPO Tekhnomash FGUP Department of Technological management
The basic Department of Special materials and electromechanical structures in JSC "Space monitoring systems, information control and electromechanical complexes" named after A.G. Iosifian
The Department was created in 2017 with the purpose of conduction of practice-oriented research works in the field of the rocket and space industry, creation of the information technologies in the field of observing objects and phenomena in the atmosphere and on land, as well as in near-Earth space.
- The demand for the graduates in the labor market
The training programmes of the Institute are developed in collaboration with the partner enterprises. At these enterprises, the students undergo practical training. The students can communicate directly with the management and the staff of the partner enterprises who teach at RUDN and are the managers of the research projects. The students obtain professional skills, experience and links, which gives the undoubted advantages in employment. The foreign language qualifications at the level of a translator ensure high demand for the graduates of the institute in the global labor market. The interdisciplinary knowledge in the field of management and technical systems allows solving the complex problems of high-tech enterprises. There are no borders for space technology, which means that the whole world is open to the graduates of the Institute.
- Academic staff – top managers of Russian enterprises and leading foreign scientists
Lectures and seminars are conducted by the practitioners and top managers of “Roskosmos” State Corporation, high-tech organizations, professors of leading foreign universities. Conferences are held regularly at which it is possible to communicate directly with the famous scientists and practitioners in the field of space activities.
- Excellent study and student research are paid
The undergraduate and graduate students can participate in the research projects carried out for Russian and foreign high-tech companies, ministries and departments.
- Active student life – We light the stars
Students not only study, but conduct the research and work: the excursions to Star City and the Flight Control Center, the meetings with astronauts, the landing on Mars contests, the cases “Chasing the Asteroids” – all these and much more help us light the stars of the Institute. Our students are famous for their sports achievements – the teams for swimming, athletics, arm wrestling, football and basketball are strong. The vocalists became the stars of the Institute – the singers perform successfully on various concert stages and win the competitions. The traditions of annual holidays are laid. The talents of the students are discovered by the Creative Laboratory of the Institute.
- International cooperation
Student exchanges, internships, advanced training, included training, participation in summer schools with the universities of the countries with which Russia has traditionally strongly cooperated in the field of high-tech developments, including France, Germany, Nigeria, India, Iran and others. The colleagues from leading US universities, Germany, France, Australia, Brazil are invited to conduct lectures to the students of the Institute.
Description of the Institute.
The Institute of Space Technology is part of the Engineering Academy. The Institute trains specialists for the enterprises of the rocket-space and other high-tech industries. The educational programmes are aimed at the formation of competencies in the field of the Earth remote sensing, the design of aerospace and other complex technical systems, the application of space technologies in various industries and agriculture.
The employees and the students conduct the research and development at the Scientific Center for Computer Simulation of Engineering Structures and Complex Systems, the Scientific Center for the Development of Geo-Information Technologies, the Scientific Center for Space Robotics, Nanotechnology, and Spacecraft Flight Control. The Institute has close ties with the space industry enterprises. The institute conducts scientific and educational activities of the basic departments established at the enterprises of “NPO Tekhnomash” FGUP and “Korporatsia VNIIEM” AO.
The students have the opportunity to develop their skills in spacecraft flight controlling and space technology application at the facilities of the training Flight Control Center, the Earth Remote Sensing Center and the International Marketing Center.
Key partners of the Institute are the leading ministries, departments and high-tech companies:
- Ministry of Science and Higher Education of the Russian Federation.
- Ministry of Industry and Trade of the Russian Federation.
- State Corporation "Roskosmos".
- “NPO Tekhnomash” FGUP
- TSNIImash FGUP.
- “Korporatsia VNIIEM” AO
- “Rossiyskie kosmicheskie sistemy” AO
- other state and commercial structures.
Main activities of the Institute:
- Design of the orbits and orbital structures for the satellite systems.
- Development of small spacecrafts and their elements.
- Creation of space robotics and intelligent control systems for the spacecrafts and external manipulators.
- Creation of complex engineering structures and materials with new properties to be used in space.
Training of the specialists in the field of aerospace engineering in the interests of the rocket-space and other high-tech industries based on the interdisciplinary training and professional standards of Russia according to the principal Bachelor’s and Master’s programmes.
Participation of the students in the scientific, cultural, sports and charitable events involving famous scientists and practitioners of the rocket and space industry.
The Institute develops cooperation with the leading foreign universities and organizations in the field of research, training and promotion of high-tech products and services.
Foreign partners of the Institute:
- Berlin Institute of Technology (Germany)
- EPF Ecole d’ingénieurs(France)
- Universidade Federal Fluminense (Brazil)
- National University of Engineering (Peru)
- National Space Research and Development Agency (Nigeria)
- School of Engineering Copperbelt University (Zambia)
- Other educational, government and commercial organizations.
The teaching is conducted by the practitioners, employed by the space enterprises and academic institutions. The students master the fundamental knowledge in the field of physics, mechanics and mathematics in accordance with the technical fields of the main departments, and also receive the theoretical and practical knowledge in the field of aerospace engineering.
Features of the student training:
- Business games, group and individual projects; interactive and case study methods.
- Multimedia technologies, presentations, webinars, newsgroups.
- Participation in research projects, international conferences, student exchanges.
- Practical and laboratory classes, experimental work.
- Basic departments provide practice-oriented training, all types of practical training, contribute to the mastery of modern industry-specific technologies, create the applicant – student – specialist system for the transfer of knowledge and skills.
- The use of the material-technical and experimental base of the partner enterprises for practical and scientific activities.
- Involvement of the practitioners from leading Russian and foreign companies and educational institutions.
- The opportunity to study under the joint programmes both in Russia and abroad (obtaining of two diplomas).
- Education in English in graduate and postgraduate studies.
- Development of skills for multicultural communication and interaction.
- The foreign students have a great opportunity to acquire advanced knowledge and practices in the field of modern technologies and to use them in the development of companies and industries in their countries.
- Flight Control Center.
- Center for Remote Sensing of the Earth.
- International Marketing Center.
- Scientific Center for Space Robotics, Nanotechnology and Spacecraft Flight Control.
- Scientific center for the development of geo-information technologies.
- Scientific center for computer simulation of engineering structures and complex systems.
- Laboratory of Robotic Systems and Artificial Intelligence
- Laboratory of automated control systems
- Laboratory of Electrical Engineering
- Laboratory of Computing Systems and Methods for Big Data Processing
- Laboratory of Geo-Information Technologies
- Laboratory of Microelectronics and Nanotechnologies
- Laboratory of control over the aircraft movement