February 6, 2020, the International Scientific and Practical Conference "Vital Values of the University in a Globalizing World" timed to the 60th anniversary of RUDN University will be held.
The purpose of the conference is conceptualization and scientific and practical formulation of the problems of modern higher education in the context of the large-scale process of internationalization of universities, as well as the understanding of life values of the university and intercultural dialogue in a multinational classical university.
The conference will be held in the format of plenary meetings and round tables in the main areas:
- Internationalization and globalization: network universities and cluster approach;
- Increasing the attractiveness of Russian education;
- Global internationalization: cross-country and cross-border education;
- Internal internationalization: improving education and science in terms of international approaches and standards;
- Life values of universities.
Professor Vladimir Filippov, Rector of RUDN University (Russia)
Global universities in a globalizing world
|Professor Hans de Wit, Director, Center for International Higher Education, Boston College (USA)||
Global and internal internationalization
|Professor Jan Sadlak, President of IREG Observatory on Academic Ranking and Excellence) (France)||
University as a generator of knowledge and curator of academic values in the context of the 4th industrial revolution
|Professor Willy Jager, professor at the Interdisciplinary Center for Scientific Computing Ruprecht-Karl University of Heidelberg (Germany)||
Network integration of research and education
|Professor Piotr Dutkiewicz, Professor and Director, Carleton Center for Governance and Public Policy in Ottawa (Canada)||
Values of the university in a changing international social environment
Doctor Sithbolt Nurda, President, Observatory Magna Charta Universitatum (Netherlands)
Key speakers from: Austria, Angola, Bangladesh, Belarus, Bolivia, Botswana, Brazil, Venezuela, Guyana, Guinea-Bissau, Djibouti, Dominican Republic, India, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kenya, Cyprus, China, Côte d'Ivoire, Colombia, Lebanon, Mauritius, Madagascar, Mali, Nepal, Norway, Palestine, Peru, Poland, Russia, Rwanda, Sao Tome and Principe, Slovakia, USA, Tanzania, Uganda, France, Sri Lanka, Equatorial, Guinea, Ecuador.
Format of participation: in person: presentation with a report, listener of the conference; virtual participation (abstract of the report).
Working languages of the conference - Russian, English.
Registration fee - none.
Participants are allowed to attend the conference by decision of the Organizing Committee based on the abstract of the report.
Conference materials will be published in the collection (ISBN index, registration at the RISC “eLibrary”).
Until December 15, 2019 - acceptance of applications for participation in the conference and abstracts of reports, hotel reservations.
February 6, 2020 from 9:00 to 10:00 - registration of participants.
February 6, 2020 from 11:00 to 17:00 - plenary meeting, work of the conference sites.
- Vladimir Filippov - Rector of RUDN University, Russian Federation - Chairman of the Program Committee;
- Grigory Trubnikov - First Deputy Minister of Science and Higher Education, Russian Federation - Deputy Chairman of the Program Committee;
- Nur Kirabaev - First Vice-Rector - Vice-Rector for Research, RUDN University, Russian Federation;
- Larisa Efremova - Vice-Rector for International Affairs, RUDN, Russian Federation;
- Hans De Wit - Director, Center for the Study of International Higher Education, Boston College, USA;
- Piotr Dutkiewicz - Director, Center for Governance and Public Policy, Carleton University, Canada;
- Jan Sadlak - President, International Observatory for Academic Rankings and Excellence IREG, France;
- Willy Jäger - Professor, University of Heidelberg, Germany;
- Emanuel Trick - Rector, University of Nice - Sofia Antipolis, France;
- Galimkair Mutanov - Rector, Kazakh National University named after Al Farabi, Kazakhstan;
- Erlan Sadykov - Rector, ENU named after L.N. Gumilyov, Kazakhstan;
- Anatoly Torkunov - Rector, MGIMO, Russian Federation;
- Mikhail Strikhanov - Rector, MEPhI, Russian Federation.