26-27 May, RUDN Faculty of Humanitarian and social sciences holds an International conference «Life of the language in culture and society» aimed at sharing information and experience between the leading researchers of Russia and the world on the most topical issues of psycholinguistics, theory of communication, conflictology, theory and practice of intercultural communication and applied Russian language studies. Today psycholinguistic issues are widely reflected in teaching Russian both as native and foreifn languages. RUDN is a pioneer in teaching Russian as a foreign language and promoting intercultural communication.
On the agenda – round tables “Mythic language consciousness: everyday practices, policy and research” and “Language as a conflict tool” as well as the following sections:
- Subjectivity and identity through the prism of language and culture;
- Axiological language consciousness and analysis methods:
- Building language and non-language consciousness: tools and means;
- Speech communication issues;
- Russian language consciousness; transformation problems;
- Russian language on the Internet and TV;
- Methodology and methods of teaching Russian.