The center is the only institution in China that recognizes foreign qualifications. The delegation included Ms. Xiong Sin, Deputy Director of the Department of Foreign Data, and Ms. Xu Yue, Manager of the Department of Foreign Academic Data.
The main purpose of the visit is to develop cooperation with RUDN in the field of recognition and validation of Chinese and Russian diplomas.
At the meeting, Larisa Efremova, Vice-Rector for International Activities spoke about the task of bringing the number of annual student exchange between Russia and China to 100,000, which is stipulated by the decision of the Russian-Chinese intergovernmental commission for humanitarian cooperation. The Vice-Rector noted the contribution of RUDN to this task.
G.Lukichev, director of the National Information Center for Academic Recognition and Mobility made a presentation on the procedure of recognizing foreign qualifications and the practice of recognizing foreign educational degrees.
After the meeting the following agreements were reached:
- joint development of methodological recommendations for improving mutual recognition of foreign qualifications;
- preparation and holding of a round table on improving mutual recognition of foreign qualifications. The event is planned at one of the nearest educational exhibitions held with the participation of RUDN and the Chinese Center for Academic Exchange;
- preparation of an agreement on the recognition of RUDN diplomas by the Chinese Center for Academic Exchange;
- RUDN participation in an educational exhibition in March 2019, in a number of Chinese cities, organized by the Chinese Center for Academic Exchange;
- recognition of the certificate confirming Master's training, implemented within the framework of the SCO University.
The Annual General Assembly of the European University Continuing Education Network (EUCEN) was held on May 29, 2020 in a video conference format. On behalf of the RUDN University representatives of the Vice-Rector for International Activities’ office participated in the meeting.
In Rwanda, Uganda and Ethiopia representatives of RUDN University and ROSATOM held open lectures on the features of Russian higher education in the field of nuclear energy.
On May 20, 2020, RUDN University hosted an online meeting of the National Coordinating Committee (NCC) of the BRICS Network University. The meeting was attended by representatives of the Ministry of Science and Higher Education of the Russian Federation, as well as Russian universities participating in it.