RUDN agrees to cooperate with the Chinese Center for Academic Exchange
The center is the only institution in China that recognizes foreign qualifications. The delegation included Ms. Xiong Sin, Deputy Director of the Department of Foreign Data, and Ms. Xu Yue, Manager of the Department of Foreign Academic Data.
The main purpose of the visit is to develop cooperation with RUDN in the field of recognition and validation of Chinese and Russian diplomas.
At the meeting, Larisa Efremova, Vice-Rector for International Activities spoke about the task of bringing the number of annual student exchange between Russia and China to 100,000, which is stipulated by the decision of the Russian-Chinese intergovernmental commission for humanitarian cooperation. The Vice-Rector noted the contribution of RUDN to this task.
G.Lukichev, director of the National Information Center for Academic Recognition and Mobility made a presentation on the procedure of recognizing foreign qualifications and the practice of recognizing foreign educational degrees.
After the meeting the following agreements were reached:
- joint development of methodological recommendations for improving mutual recognition of foreign qualifications;
- preparation and holding of a round table on improving mutual recognition of foreign qualifications. The event is planned at one of the nearest educational exhibitions held with the participation of RUDN and the Chinese Center for Academic Exchange;
- preparation of an agreement on the recognition of RUDN diplomas by the Chinese Center for Academic Exchange;
- RUDN participation in an educational exhibition in March 2019, in a number of Chinese cities, organized by the Chinese Center for Academic Exchange;
- recognition of the certificate confirming Master's training, implemented within the framework of the SCO University.
December 15, on the basis of RUDN University, the first QS subject summit in the areas of “Modern Languages” and “Linguistics” started. The topic of the QS Subject Focus Summit is “Languages and Migration in the Context of Globalization”.
During the first hour of work, 1,000 schoolchildren from resource centers in Mongolia, Syria, Turkey, Bulgaria, Tajikistan, Moldova and Kyrgyzstan visited the online exhibition “Time to Study in Russia”. On December 17, the online opening of the exhibition took place at RUDN University site.
November 12, a delegation of the Russian Ministry of Education and Science and Larisa Efremova, Vice-Rector for International Affairs of RUDN University, opened the Resource Center for Russian Education on the basis of the private school “Al-Asseya” in Damascus, Syrian Arab Republic.