It takes about 4-6 weeks to consider your documents and issue an invitation to enter the Russian Federation.
Submission of documents to the Faculty of Russian Language and General Educational Disciplines (Preparatory Faculty) to learn the Russian language is possible at any time, but depending on the deadline, you may be offered two or three semesters of study.
The list of main educational programmes, the list of entrance tests, tuition fees
Documents are submitted online
To apply for the first year of Bachelor’s / Specialist’s / Master’s / Postgraduate studies, a foreign citizen has to submit the following documents:
- a copy of the document on education or qualifications and, if necessary, translation of this document into Russian.
- scanned copy of a passport or other document proving identity and citizenship;
- consent to personal data processing;
- a copy of the medical certificate on the absence of contraindications for studying in the Russian Federation and on the absence of HIV and AIDS.
- copies of other documents — for example, confirmation of victory in international Olympiads or professional competitions.
RUDN accepts all documents through the website, by e-mail, you can also submit in person.
To ask questions about enrollment to Bachelor’s, Master’s, and Specialist’s programs please write at the addresses of the Department for Recruiting and Support of International Students:
- Department of Asian countries: firstname.lastname@example.org, tel .: +7 (903) 133-41-90
- Department of Europe and America: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, tel .: +7 (968) 534-29-53
- Department of the Middle East and North Africa: email@example.com, tel .: +7 (903) 133-40-81
- Department of the CIS and Baltic countries: firstname.lastname@example.org, tel .: +7 (903) 133-46-80
- Department of African countries: email@example.com, tel .: +7 (903) 158-75-93
To ask questions on enrollment to postgraduate study programs and residency — write at the address of the Department for training highly qualified personnel firstname.lastname@example.org, tel .: +7 (903) 130-47-81
! The originals of the documents have to be submitted upon arrival at the University.
! Contractual students will be enrolled after the receipt of funds to the university account.
Personal portfolio of talented applicants will be taken into account
This year, RUDN University is accepting foreign citizens for training in Bachelor’s / Master’s / Specialist’s programs on the basis of competitive selection, taking into account the assessment of the portfolio submitted by a foreign citizen. Most important is the following: average academic grade at the previous place of study with special emphasis on the score in core subjects for the future major; participation in competitions and Olympiads in specialized disciplines; recommendations from RUDN University, public organizations, associations, associations of Russian and foreign institutions, certificates of the Russian language proficiency. For Master’s programs, the position of the previous university in the world ranking will be also taken into account. For postgraduate programs, research articles and a letter of motivation are required.
Thus, the portfolio of a foreign applicant at RUDN University is considered according to the following criteria:
- average academic grade at the previous level of education, including grades in specialized subjects (max — 45 points);
- achievements in educational and social activities, certificates, diplomas, etc. (max — 5 points);
- certificate of a foreign language proficiency (5 points);
- applicant status based on the results of participation in competitions / Olympiads for foreign citizens (winner / prize-winner) (Bachelor’s / Specialist’s: winner — 40 points, prize-winner — 35 points; Master’s: winner — 15 points, prize-winner — 10 points);
- recommendations (or other similar documents) from public organizations, associations, Russian missions abroad, foreign diplomatic missions, faculties of RUDN University, etc. (5 points);
- position of the university whose document on education the candidate provides upon admission, in the world rankings (for Master’s) (10 points);
- volunteer activity (5 points);
- letter of motivation (for Master’s) (10 points).
The contribution of each selection criterion to the final ranking of the candidate is determined by the Rules for Admission to RUDN University for training in Bachelor’s, Specialist’s and Master’s programs for the 2021/2022 academic year (Order No. 664 of October 29, 2020)