Student security is a matter given special attention by the RUDN administration.
Infrastructure supporting student security includes the following components:
- The RUDN Police Department is located on campus, its sole jurisdiction is the university grounds.
- In events that warrant special equipment or technology, as well as when holding significant public events (when renowned politicians or persons are participants), support is provided by the South-Western district of the Department of Internal Affairs.
- The Duty Unit of the integrated law enforcement centre is a specialized unit that provides university facilities round-the-clock protection from unauthorized access, as well as takes steps in prevention and localization of an emergency situation, if occurring on campus.
- Central Dispatch is a special unit that receives and processes information throughout the day, to include feeds from 2,200 surveillance cameras installed on campus territory and in university buildings. Central dispatch is in round-the-clock communication with all Moscow emergency services: EMERCOM, Mosgaz, Mosenergo, Heating Network, Sewer Network, Moscow Water Works, etc.
- Specialized units from private security companies provide security for all 28 of the university’s buildings. Specialized access and control systems are used in all 28 buildings.
- The Fire Department is a specialized unit responsible for ensuring fire safety training standards for staff and students. This department is coordinated by central dispatch with which it has round-the-clock communication.
- The Department of Fire Detection is a specialized unit that services the fire alarm system transmitting a signal to central dispatch if a fire detector is tripped. This signal is automatically transmitted to the nearest ministry of emergency situations (EMERCOM) fire department without human intervention.
- A special Lift Dispatch unit provides the university with 24-hour lift service for all academic and residential buildings on campus.
- The university’s Department of Civil Defence and Emergency Situations specializes in providing general control and coordination in matters of civil defence and protection from natural and man-made emergencies.
Contact phone number: +7 (495) 434 53 12