About the profession
The activity of a specialist in the biological sciences is complex and multifaceted. This profession requires knowledge of microbiology, botany, plant physiology, medical and physiological chemistry. Specialists in the field of biochemistry are also engaged in research on theoretical and applied biology, medicine. The results of their work are important in the field of technical and industrial biology, vitaminology, histochemistry and genetics, in educational institutions, medical centers, at biological production enterprises, in agriculture and other spheres.
- Methodology of Scientific Research,
- Higher Education Pedagogy,
- Major-specific discipline (biochemistry)
- Disciplines at student’s option (general biochemistry, clinical biochemistry, medical enzymology)
Major research laboratories and centers of the Russian Academy of Sciences (RAS), Russian Academy of Medical Sciences (RAMS) (Moscow):
- Federal State Budgetary Institution «National medical research center of Oncology. N. N. Blokhin»
- Federal State Budgetary Institution of Science «Research Institute of biomedical chemistry named after V. N. Orekhovich»
- A.N. Bach Institute of Biochemistry (RAS),
- Federal State Budgetary Institution of Science “Institute of Gene Biology of the Russian Academy of Sciences” (IGB RAS).
- Federal State Budgetary Institution of Science “N.K. Koltsov Institute of Developmental Biology of the Russian Academy of Sciences” (IDB RAS).
- Federal State Budgetary Institution of Science “S.N. Vinogradsky Institute of Microbiology of the Russian Academy of Sciences (IM RAS).
- Federal State Budgetary Institution “Russian Scientific Center for Roentgenology and Radiology of the Russian Advanced Technology Medical Care Agency (Rosmedtekhnologii)” (RSCRR).
- Federal State Budgetary Institution of Science “Research Center of Medical Genetics of the Russian Academy of Medical Sciences” (RCMG RAMS).
- Federal State Budgetary Institution of Science “M.M. Shemyakin & Yu. A. Ovchinnikov Institute of Bioorganic Chemistry of the Russian Academy of Sciences” (IBCh RAS).
- Federal State Budgetary Institution of Science “Institute of Higher Nervous Activity and Neurophysiology of the Russian Academy of Sciences” (IHNAN RAS), etc.
- European research centers (Semmelweis University, Budapest, Hungary, etc.)
- International pharmaceutical companies
Benefits of obtaining this degree for career development:
- The opportunity to combine research activities with the career in the pedagogical and business environment.
- Teaching major-specific and applied disciplines in Russian and foreign universities.
- Professional competences in the creation, translation, abstracting, editing, examination of texts of various types.
- The status of the expert enables to hold key positions in educational, state and commercial organizations, continue to conduct research activities, build a career of a specialist with fundamental knowledge (biologist, biochemist, doctor, university teacher, etc.); offer consultations and conduct private practice (depending on the focus of the study) in the field of biology, biochemistry, etc.