Environmental Management (within the Network University of the Shanghai Cooperation Organization)
Network University of the Shanghai Cooperation Organization
About the profession
The concept and the term "Environmental management" were proposed in 1958 by U.N. Kurazhkovsky.
U.N. Kurazhkovsky developed universal laws of human development and pointed the way to the noosphere, based on the fact that the existence of mankind is determined by a combination of natural and economic laws.
At present, in the science and practice world the term "environmental management" has taken a worthy place, has found its clear outlines, and becomes the object and subject of research in many branches of science.
The implementation of the master's program in the field of environmental management will help resolve the following issues of interaction between states within the SCO member states:
- establishment of interaction between experts, scientific and educational institutions in the field of environmental management and environmental protection;
- analysis and monitoring of man-made disasters in the SCO region;
- training of a new generation of specialists in the field of ecology and environmental management, able to work together in the SCO space;
- exchange of new technologies, means of environmental monitoring, solving problems of rational and integrated use of natural resources within the SCO region, ensuring environmental safety and joint control over it between the SCO member states;
- development of joint mechanisms to ensure environmental protection, study and use of the regulatory framework of the SCO member States in the field of environmental management.
An important advantage of the joint educational program “Environmental Management” is that it is based on the joint development and implementation of integrated curricula of the RUDN and partner universities. An important part of the program is a built-in element of international mobility, which is mandatory for higher education, culminating in a joint degree and diploma of the partner University.
The program contains a set of disciplines that allow you to acquire the necessary knowledge and skills for subsequent effective application of them in solving scientific and applied problems in the field of environmental management: in the system of interaction between society and the natural environment; anthropogenic transformation of the natural environment and environmental management systems; environmental impact assessment and risk assessment of the impact of various economic activities on the environment; environmental monitoring; environmental management; development of territorial schemes for environmental protection; organization of the solution of regional problems of environmental management; ecological problems of rational development of mineral resources; methods and models for assessing natural conditions and resources, while conducting expert examinations; determination of economic and social efficiency of environmental management; environmental law; management and marketing in environmental management; forensic-ecological examination; storage, processing and disposal of waste.
The research practice of the "Environmental Management" program is aimed at deepening and consolidating the theoretical training of students, acquiring practical skills in the field of technologies for assessing environmental risks, as well as the experience of independent professional activity as an ecologist.
- development of the professional culture of the ecologist;
- mastering knowledge and skills on how to apply the whole range of knowledge about environmental phenomena and processes to ensure the solution of environmental problems at various levels in practice;
- the formation of personal qualities of the future ecologist, the desire to creatively approach the solution of professional problems.
The internship is conducted in accordance with the approved program of the SCO universities-partners.
Master in the field of environmental management is among the experts who really have a clearly structured hierarchy of the career ladder and the opportunity to advance on it. Starting with various research groups, environmental protection communities and laboratories, continue working in large concerns and leading world industries. Ecologists have a pleasant opportunity to occupy high positions in the Government. It is the view of society on an acute problem that has an impact on the movement in the right direction.