Knowledge and values: transformations in changing world
About the profession
Philosophy has been around for many centuries. Philosophy has always made it possible to answer the fundamental questions about this world and human.
The Master's Programme in Philosophy "Knowledge and Values: Transformations in Changing World" is attractive for several reasons:
- mastering its content allows students to understand the essence of the global changes taking place in modern society and to assess its prospects;
- the students can chose between in-depth study of either the problems of values or the issues of scientific and extra-scientific cognition;
- for the successful mastering the program it is desirable but not necessary to have a bachelor's degree in philosophy.
During the first three semesters in the magistracy students study theoretical courses and curry out research work. The fourth semester is devoted to the practical training and writing of the final paper (master's thesis).
Disciplines: "Theory and Practice of Argumentation", Various Aspects of Current Issues in Philosophy - "Comparative Philosophy ", "Analytic Philosophy", "Modern and Postmodern", "Ethics in Science and Education", "Professional Ethics", " Rationality in the Modern World "," Pedagogy of Higher Education and Methods of Teaching Philosophy in Universities "and in-depth study of an academic foreign language.
Elective disciplines: "Nonclassical Epistemology", "Justice as a Philosophical Concept", "Ideal of Knowledge in Historical and Philosophical Discourse", "Ethics in World Religions", etc.
The programme involves pre-degree internship as well as teaching practice.
Teaching practice at RUDN includes teaching classes for Bachelor's degree programme students.
Pre-degree internship can be undertaken at RUDN or at the Institute of Philosophy of the Russian Academy of Sciences and other academic structures.
The spheres of professional activities of the postgraduates include:
- Educational institutions of primary, secondary (schools, colleges, preparatory schools) and higher vocational level;
- Academic and research institutions;
- Mass-media, museums and libraries;
- Public authorities, local government;
- NGO and business organizations.
Program presentationpdf 2.7 MB