Political Science: Russian and Comparative Studies
The programme is aimed at training post-graduate students studying political sciences and regional studies and designed for the students striving to work successfully in Russia and other countries in the public and administrative authorities of different levels, analytic and research centres, consulting institutions, mass media and education institutions of higher vocational education after their graduation.
The applicants are entitled to choose from the following specialties within the field of study:
- 23.00.01 Theory of politics, history and methodology of political science
- 23.00.02 Political institutions, processes and technologies
- 23.00.04 Political issues of international relations, global and regional development
The language of the programme is English, all the classes are in English.
The programme is focused on research activities, students’ involvement in educational and scientific and research processes.
The post-graduate students’ activities include attending classes (2-3 times a week, mainly in the evening), attending the meetings of the departments and schools (mainly once per 2 months) to approve the research subject, for assessment, presentation of the interim results of their work. Post-graduate students also have to plan their time to attend different scientific events e.g. scientific seminars and conferences of the departments. Consequently, the study load allows post-graduate students to combine their studies and work.
Scientific advisors of post-graduate students are Doctors of Science and PhDs who actively carry out scientific research and are recognized in Russia and abroad.
Under the RUDN University post-graduate programme leading Russian and foreign scientists are invited to deliver lectures, hold seminars and master classes, to take part in scientific and research projects.
Post-graduate students have an opportunity to attend lecture courses aimed at developing academic skills (skills of organizing and carrying out research, writing scientific articles).
Post-graduate students take an active part in international conferences and seminars, and also have an opportunity to participate in trainings abroad aimed at the support of the young scientists’ research activities. Moreover, post-graduate students can get financial support taking part in the work of scientific laboratories, can win grants and scholarships and take part in R&D University projects.
1. Outstanding, high-qualified academic staff;
2. The programme language is English, the classes are in English.
3. The focus lies on the research activities, involvement of the students in the educational and scientific and research processes.
4. Opportunities to have scientific training in the leading world research and analytic centres and partner universities.
5. Wide variety of modern training packages and author’s courses in Russian and world politics, international relations, regional studies, comparative political studies.
6. Innovative model of teaching:
- practice orientation,
- competency-based approach,
- modular approach,
- multimedia approach,
- using modern educational technologies.
7. Professional training with an opportunity of further employment in federal and regional authorities, government agencies of the Russian Federation, local government authorities, Russian and international NGOs, political and social organizations (political parties, social and political movements), research and analytic centres, consulting institutions, media outlets and mass media.
Graduates’ expertise and career opportunities
Obtaining a PhD in political sciences means not only a confirmation of a high level of your qualification and reputation of a political expert but it also means advantages in the labour market, respect and recognition in professional society.
Being a political analyst is a way of life, continuous self-improvement and not only work as this job means continuous study of events in the world, making forecasts and analyses of the political situation on their basis. A political expert constantly takes part in different conferences, gives interviews to journalists, publishes the materials in social and political and scientific mass media.
A talented political analyst is always taken notice of and is in demand in public affairs, government authorities and mass media.
After graduation you will easily put your knowledge and interests into practice in solving professional problems in regional or international organizations, different spheres of political science, system of higher education, different spheres of social and political, social and cultural and economic areas of the Russian Federation and of the world, public and administrative authorities (of federal, regional and municipal levels), political parties and social and political movements.