Public Health and Healthcare
About the profession
“Public health and healthcare” is a medical science that studies the patterns of public health, an impact of social conditions and environmental factors on public health with the purpose of developing a strategy and tactics of health care and improving medical care for the population.
The programme is aimed at the training of highly qualified scientific and academic staff, who can conduct research in the relevant field of preventive medicine and in related fields of science and higher education. It includes introductory lectures, a large amount of practical classes in the department, research organizations and healthcare centers of the health care system. Postgraduate students prepare their research work under the guidance of doctors of science, heads of medical organizations.
Public Health and Healthcare, Marketing in Healthcare, Management in Healthcare, Healthcare Economics, History and Philosophy of Science, Foreign Language, etc.
The scientific research internship is held in research organizations and healthcare centers of the health care system.
The teaching internship is held in the Department of Public Health, Healthcare and Hygiene.
The advantages of obtaining a degree on this specialization for career development:
- conduct of the critical analysis and the assessment of modern scientific achievements;
- generation of new ideas for solving specific practical or research tasks in the field of public health care;
- design and conduct of integrated research in the field of studying the population health and the activities of health services;
- participation in the work of Russian and international research teams; participation in the work of international and regional healthcare organizations;
- teaching activities in profession-oriented higher education institutions and colleges.