About the profession
Topics of thesis research include a wide range of activities corresponding to the priority directions of development of science, technologies and engineering in the Russian Federation in the field of energy efficiency and energy saving in relation to reciprocating internal combustion engines:
- software for mode measurement of an internal combustion engine when modeling the vehicle movement in accordance with the NEDC;
- improvement of economic performance of a spark-ignited automotive engine during the warm-up period after a cold start;
- design analysis of the possibilities of improving the efficiency of an internal combustion engine using additives – combustion modernizers;
- indicators of the quality of the unsteady diesel acceleration modes after starting;
- actual values of cetane numbers for diesel fuel mixtures with alternative ones;
- diesel regulation by a method of start-shutdown of cylinders or cycles;
- saving petrodiesel by partially replacing it with ethanol
- features of the design and functioning of two-spring nozzles of diesel injection equipment;
- other topics.
Postgraduate students acquire basic knowledge in the professional field by learning the practice-oriented disciplines:
- Research seminar.
- Methodology of scientific research.
- Mathematical modeling of thermal processes.
- Alternative fuels and resource saving.
- Heat engines.
- Unsteady heat engine modes
Traineeship and internship
The programme of training of highly qualified specialists (postgraduate studies) provides for teaching and research internships. Research internship is held in the Department of Mechanical Engineering and Instrument Making, as well as at research and manufacturing enterprises with the scientific equipment. The purpose of research internship is to consolidate the theoretical knowledge obtained as a result of the completed theoretical courses and independent research and develop the skills of production and innovation activities in research institutes, manufacturing organizations; to develop the skills of conducting scientific-practical and research activities at manufacturing enterprises and in research laboratories.
The goals and objectives of teaching internship are to master the basics of teaching and curricular activities to ensure the educational process in basic professional educational programmes of higher education; to gain teaching experience in the implementation of basic professional educational programmes of higher education; to form the skills of the organization of the educational process and control of its results; to master basic educational technologies. Teaching internship is held in the Department of Mechanical Engineering and Instrument Making.
Upon completion of training and successful defense of a graduation scientific thesis, a postgraduate student is qualified as a researcher, a research instructor.
The main areas of professional activity of PhD graduates are as follows: scientific and research-and-production institutions and organizations of any form of ownership; state and non-state secondary, specialized secondary and higher educational institutions.