Training Foreign Language, Translation and Interpreting Skills for Specific Purposes within Digitalization
The programme graduates embark on such professional tracks as research, pedagogical, organizational, administrative, consulting activities in line with the PhD Programme field. The graduates’ professional activities focus on international and national systems of language and foreign language specialized education, pedagogical theories, empirical research and applied developments, educational systems, processes of teaching foreign languages, translation and interpreting, the organization of the mentioned processes, pedagogical expertise and monitoring, the use of digital educational resources of the relevant field.
The curriculum includes a complex of disciplines ( History and Philosophy of Science; Higher Education Pedagogy; Research Methodology; Research Workshop on Theory and Methods for Teaching Language, Translation and Interpreting Skills for Specific Purposes within Digitalization; Theory and Methodology for LSP, Specialized Translation and Interpreting Skills Training within Digitalization; Digital tools for LSP, Specialized Translation and Interpreting Skills Training, Foreign Language for Specific Purposes; Specialized Translation and Interpreting Skills Training), the Internship and Research Modules, and Final State Assessment, as well. Based on the results of the Final State Assessment, qualification “Researcher. Teacher-researcher” is awarded in accordance. In case of successful defense of PhD thesis, the respective degree is awarded according to the list of scientific specializations approved by the Ministry of Science and Higher Education of the Russian Federation.
During the internship, PhD students work, as a rule, at the department that runs the PhD programme, under the guidance of the internship supervisor who is a member of the department academic staff, and the head of the department, according to an individual internship schedule or according to the institute’s internship plans in organizations and institutions with which the respective agreements are concluded. The teaching internship is designed for 24 credits in accordance with the working hours of graduate department’s employee. The internship term and its programme are set according to the individual schedule of the PhD student, agreed by the supervisor and approved by the head of the department.
- Graduates of the program can realize various career paths of professional growth, including the following:
- teaching activities in educational institutions of higher education for teaching students of bachelor’s, master’s, and postgraduate programs
- research activities within research units/organizations
- development, administration and implementation of academic programs.
- administrative activities in higher education institutions
- academic and managerial activities in secondary education institutions, language and translation training centers, departments/ organizations of the modern languages and translation industry.
- senior positions in state bodies and agencies in the field of education.