Graduated from the Philological Faculty of the Stavropol State Pedagogical Institute (SSPI).
Senior lecturer of the Department of History of Russian Literature of the twentieth Century of the SSPI.
Thesis on “Revolutionary-democratic party character of artistic literature” for the degree of Candidate of Philological Sciences (specialty “Theory of Literature”) was defended.
Guest associate professor of the Department of Russian Literature of the Department of Slavic Languages of Clara Zetkin Higher School of Education, Leipzig (German Democratic Republic).
Academic title of Associate Professor was awarded.
Internship at the Department of Slavic Philology of Leipzig University. Gave a series of lectures on the artistic culture of Russia of the beginning of the 20th century at Clara Zetkin Higher School of Education, (Leipzig, Germany).
Graduated from the School of European Languages under the special programme of foreign employers with a specialization in German.
Thesis on “Russian avant-garde: picturesque theory and poetic practice” for the degree of Doctor of Philological Sciences was defended at Lomonosov Moscow State University, speciality “Russian literature”.
Academic title of Professor was awarded.
Professor of the Department of Theory and History of Culture, Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences, RUDN University.
Gave a series of lectures on innovative educational technologies in the course of Art Studies at the University of Paris 8 Vincennes-Saint-Denis, Paris, France.
Member of the Editorial Board of the Journal “Space of Culture. The Burganov House“.
Gave a series of lectures on the problems of cultural semantics at the Ca' Foscari University of Venice, at the Faculty of Linguistics and Comparative Cultural Studies, Venice, Italy.
Head of the master's programmes: “Creative industries and management in culture“,“Cultural Heritage: research and management“, conducted by RUDN University together with the University of the Balearic Islands, Palma de Mallorca, Spain.
Honorary diploma of the Ministry of Education and Science of the Russian Federation for great contribution to the training of highly professional specialists and many years of conscientious work.
Member of the Editorial Board of the Journal: “Art and Literature Scientific and Analytical Journal TEXTS” (Moscow-Brussels).
Head of the research seminar “Architectonics of Culture: history and modern context” for the faculty and master's students of the Department of Theory and History of Culture, Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences.
Participant of the colloquium on autobiographical prose of the Silver Age (Modernités russes 16 La poétique autobiographique) of Moulin University Lyon 3.
Member of the All-Russian Organization “Association of Art Critics” (AIS).
Gives lectures to RUDN University students of bachelor's and master’s studies in the direction "Arts and Humanities”:
- “Cultural studies: theory of culture”;
- “Theory and practice of intercultural communication”;
- “Culture and art of Modernism”;
- “Literature and painting: dialogues in the space of culture”;
- “Semiotics of culture”;
- “Modern art market: state and prospects”.
- Introduced into the scientific turnover a new term “Isoverbal text” and presented its scientific argument. Isoverbal text means a synthetic polycode model as a zone of intersection of two languages: verbal and visual.
- Proposed a research strategy at the intersection of philosophical and cultural anthropology, contemporary art studies and literary studies to study the relationship between verbal and visual in cultural texts. This allows us to radically update the research paradigm adopted among Russian researchers; to look at the problem of the formation of a synthetic language from the point of view of the morphological organization of the text of poetic culture.
- Conducted an analysis of the history of the formation of parallelism between two types of arts: painting and poetry. Analyzed pictographic writing, figurative poetry of antiquity and the early Middle Ages, emblematics of Baroque poetry and painting, narrative metaphor of French Rococo engraving, word and image in the direction of French art “The Artist's Book”, stereographic imagery and the formation of a new optics of the word in Russian symbolism and the avant-garde of the 1910-1928ss.
- Was at the origins of theoretical avant-garde studies in Russia. One of the most recognized theoretical researchers of the Russian avant-garde (in the period from 1910 to 1927). Studies the peculiarities of the interaction of painting and poetry, the semiotics of the avant-garde and the morphology of the avant-garde text.
- Contributed to the formation of the School of Interdisciplinary and Visual Studies in Russia. Visual Studies studies visual culture and the science of images in the space of several academic integrative disciplines: Cultural Studies, Visual Arts, Philology, Sociology and Psychology.
- Theory and practice of the Russian avant-garde of the 1910-1927ss.;
- Art of Modernism;
- Semiotics and cultural semantics of the avant-garde text;
- Isoverbal text of culture (verbal and visual representation in culture from the historical context to modern cultural practices);
- Visual and narrative rhetoric of the image;
- Modern art: strategies of representation and new technologies.