RUDN agrees to cooperate with the Chinese Center for Academic Exchange
The center is the only institution in China that recognizes foreign qualifications. The delegation included Ms. Xiong Sin, Deputy Director of the Department of Foreign Data, and Ms. Xu Yue, Manager of the Department of Foreign Academic Data.
The main purpose of the visit is to develop cooperation with RUDN in the field of recognition and validation of Chinese and Russian diplomas.
At the meeting, Larisa Efremova, Vice-Rector for International Activities spoke about the task of bringing the number of annual student exchange between Russia and China to 100,000, which is stipulated by the decision of the Russian-Chinese intergovernmental commission for humanitarian cooperation. The Vice-Rector noted the contribution of RUDN to this task.
G.Lukichev, director of the National Information Center for Academic Recognition and Mobility made a presentation on the procedure of recognizing foreign qualifications and the practice of recognizing foreign educational degrees.
After the meeting the following agreements were reached:
- joint development of methodological recommendations for improving mutual recognition of foreign qualifications;
- preparation and holding of a round table on improving mutual recognition of foreign qualifications. The event is planned at one of the nearest educational exhibitions held with the participation of RUDN and the Chinese Center for Academic Exchange;
- preparation of an agreement on the recognition of RUDN diplomas by the Chinese Center for Academic Exchange;
- RUDN participation in an educational exhibition in March 2019, in a number of Chinese cities, organized by the Chinese Center for Academic Exchange;
- recognition of the certificate confirming Master's training, implemented within the framework of the SCO University.
RUDN representatives told schoolchildren and students of Kenya and Senegal about trends in nuclear energy, Russian technologies and education in Russia.
July 16, Oleg Yastrebov, RUDN University Rector and Riad Haddad, Ambassador of the Syrian Arab Republic to Russia held talks. During the meeting, they discussed the study of Syrian students at RUDN University and validation of Russian diplomas. RUDN University Rector assured the meeting participants that the issue of diploma validation would be resolved in the near future.
More than 70 representatives of the embassies of foreign countries in Russia, representatives of the Federation Council, and the Ministry of Science and Higher Education of the Russian Federation took part in the round table "The contribution of RUDN University to training national personnel for foreign countries." The event was held on February 5, in an online format and was timed to celebrate the 61st anniversary of RUDN University.