63 is the age of accomplishments. RUDN University is always a university of opportunities!
RUDN University is open to the world all year round, and the world is open to the university. It is especially true in early February, because more than 250,000 graduates, students, employees and friends celebrate the birthday of their university. This is the age of traditions and accomplishments, successes and opportunities. Diplomatic missions come to the main building. Graduates visit departments. Students prepare creative gifts. This year the main event will take place February 3 (Friday).
Concert program "Time of Opportunities - University of Accomplishments"
Welcoming speeches by Rector Oleg Yastrebov and President Vladimir Filippov.
The film “Once Upon a Time at the Big University”.
Speeches by guests and alumni, including:
- Petr Kucherenko — Secretary of State — Deputy Minister of Science and Higher Education of the Russian Federation
- Denis Ashirov — Deputy Head of the Federal Agency for Youth Affairs (Rosmolodezh)
- Ngan Tony Francois Simon Pierre, President of the Association of Graduates of Russian (Soviet) Universities in Cameroon.
- Khanyiso Mawa Mbulava (South Africa), Chairman of the Association of Alumni of Russian/Soviet Universities of South Africa, Advisor to the Minister of Health of South Africa, graduate of the Faculty of Medicine of the Peoples’ friendship university in 1987.
Performances of talented RUDN students
- “Sailor Suite” (vocal and choreographic composition of “Rhythms of Friendship” and “Rainbow” studio);
- “Gujarat Indian dance” (studio of oriental dance “Amaren”);
- “Valley” (a song performed by a cappella vocalists of the folk studio “Krapiva”);
- “Mountain Dance” (6 sets of dancers of the “Caucasian Dance Studio”);
- “Time to say goodbye” (song performed by vocalists Lidia Likholetova (Moldova) and Denis Muchugia Makumi (Kenya) of CANTO studio);
- “Chinese dance” (modern stylization performed by members of the studio “Energy dance”);
- “One way ticket” (song performed by the vocalists of the “Rainbow” studio);
- “Black-browed, black-eyed” (dance of the Volga Cossacks by the “Rhythms of Friendship” group);
- “Cruisin for a Bruisin” (song by students from the Interclub Vocal School, guitar solo — Luis Fernando, Peru);
- “Put on Me” (vocal and choreographic composition of RUDN IWEB students. Solo — Konstantin Mukha. The number won the silver medal of the competition “WORLDVISION” of the RUDN University Student Council);
- “Shake your groove” (choreographic composition from the studio “Energy dance”);
- “Once a Russian General” (singers of the “Krapiva” studio and dancers of the “Caucasian Dance Studio”, drum solo — Alan Tsopanov);
- Stylized folk dance of Rwanda (performed by students of the association);
- “Snowflake” (song from the female quartet of the studio “CANTO”);
- Vietnamese dance with handkerchiefs and fans (performed by students of the association);
- “Dark Horse” (vocal and choreographic composition of IHBiT students, solo — Egor Glukhovchenko. The number won the competition “WORLDVISION” of the RUDN Student Council);
- “Desert rose” (vocal and choreographic number of the oriental dance studio “Amaren” and “Vocal School of Interclub”. Kristina Khursan and Alina Shorina).
6:30 pm — reception of the RUDN university administration in the cafeteria of the main building.
Join us for the celebration!
Read an interview about the development of digital technologies, teaching and fulfilling dreams.
Read an interview about the Eurasian Women’s Forum, a career in international relations and life in Afghanistan.
Read an interview about the love for bearded dragons, fencing, important skills of a veterinarian and difficult relationships with pet owners.