Measures taken at RUDN
Measures taken at RUDN
General measures for the viral infection spread prevention
- Sanitary and epidemiological measures have been strengthened: all premises are regularly disinfected, classrooms, offices and labs aired out, antiseptics are available in all buildings and facilities. All dormitories are under medical supervision.
- Thermovision cameras for continuous monitoring of body temperature are installed at each entrance / exit to RUDN University buildings. People with high body temperature (over 37.8 degrees) are isolated in specially allocated rooms until the arrival of the ambulance.
- All staff and students are informed of the need to report to the RUDN University about hospitalization with suspected new coronavirus infection. Hotline: +7 (903) 136-28-30.
- Since March 23, 2020, all sports, entertainment, public and other public events at RUDN University are cancelled. Some events are held online or postponed.
- All students and staff are notified of the need to report going abroad from February 24, indicating the places and dates of stay, as well as informing about all planned trips outside Russia until June 1, 2020.
Organization of the educational process
- Since 16 June, the University library has resumed its work.
- Since 9 June, the educational process at the university is still online. Classes are held using e-learning and distance learning technologies. Students study according to individual curricula
- The state final certification of graduates of the 2019/2020 academic year has been held using distance educational technologies, with the exception of medical residency programs. RUDN University has developed appropriate regulations, while the format of the final certification has been determined by the Heads of faculties and institutes
- Hotline for online education: +7 (495) 434-42-12, email@example.com.
- From March 28 to April 5, students were on holidays. Starting from April 6, remote training is resumed at RUDN University - using e-learning and distance learning technologies.
- Since March 24, the entire educational process at the university has been transferred to online mode. Classes are held using e-learning and distance learning technologies. Students study according to individual curricula.
- March 16-24, the RUDN University introduced distance learning and free attendance mode.
- Starting from March 10, RUDN University temporarily suspended sending students to study outside of Russia as part of outgoing academic mobility.
- June 15, full-time offline work for administrative and managerial staff and dean's office staff was resumed. Academics continue to work in a remote format. It is recommended that employees aged 65+ continue working remotely until August 1, 2020.
- To visit the university, faculty staff must contact Head of faculty/institute/academy/department.
- Non-employees of the university are not allowed to visit the RUDN University administration buildings. Exceptions are medical workers and teams on duty. Reception of visitors associated with the activities of the unit is permitted by appointment with observance of social distance.
- Entrance to the administrative and educational buildings of the University without masks and gloves is prohibited. At the entrance body temperature is monitored. Persons refusing to have temperature measured cannot enter. When the body temperature is above 37.8 degrees, an ambulance is called.
- Work arrival / departure schedule presupposes 20 minutes intervals.
- In departments no more than 5 people can be in an office up to 50 sq.m. Distance between employees should be at least 2 meters. Dispensers with disinfectant are installed in the offices. Using masks and gloves is mandatory. It is allowed to take them off if a person is alone in the office.
- Meetings are held via video conferencing. From June 15, in-person meetings are allowed in the offices of the Rector / Vice-rectors with the number of participants no more than 3 people.
- In order to observe social distance in public places, markings are made at 1.5-2 meters (cafeteria, cloakroom, library, co-working zone, receptions, offices of employees who receive visitors).
- Heads of departments daily monitor the health of employees. If there are signs of acute respiratory viral infections, the employee is suspended from work and sent to the RUDN Clinical Center (Office 112). In accordance with the Decree of the Mayor of Moscow, starting June 15, department Heads send at least 10% of employees to the RUDN Clinical Center every 15 days to test for coronavirus infection (2019-nCoV), in accordance with the lists previously agreed with the Director of RUDN Clinical Center
- Self-isolated employees can get assistance from RUDN volunteers at the formers’ request.
- From April 6 to June 14, a remote work mode was introduced for all employees, with the exception of units whose work cannot be suspended due to production and technical reasons, the need to render services to students and workers living in RUDN hostels, as well as to perform work related to ensuring safe functioning of university infrastructure.
- March 30 - April 4 were non-working days for all employees at RUDN University except for departments providing the university’s activity.
- From March 26 to June 14, all employees over the age of 65 were self-isolated.
- Since March 23, some categories of employees have been given the opportunity to work remotely. First of all - those with children under 14; people at risk: women over 60 years old, men over 65 years old; travel time to work over 1.5 hours.
- Since March 10, RUDN University staff trips to China, Korea, Italy, Iran, France, Germany, Spain and other countries with unfavorable epidemiological situation have been canceled or postponed.
- June 16, summer terrace of cafes opened. Each cafe ensures compliance with the mandatory requirements of Rospotrebnadzor for the prevention of the spread of coronavirus infection. Cafes will resume work on June 23.
- June 9, dwellers of the dorms were allowed to leave the dorms for any purpose, including walks and sports. It is recommended to use masks or respirators, and in case of visiting buildings and facilities (shops and shopping centers), additionally use gloves.
- Visits to RUDN University hostels by persons who do not live in this dorm, including RUDN students living in other dorm buildings, are prohibited. Teachers and employees of RUDN University, parents, guests, representatives of diplomatic missions and consulates can visit only after getting a written permission.
- Medical masks and latex gloves can be obtained at the exit of all dormitories.
- RUDN Contact Center works 09:00 am - 06:00 pm. For questions: +7 (499) 936-87-87 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Students have access to the co-working zone in the main building of RUDN University - daily from 9:00am to 10:00pm.
- On campus, food shops work from 09:00 am to 01:00 am.
- The cafeteria in the main building of RUDN University is open from 08:00 am to 08:00 pm.
- All cafes and cafeterias on campus temporarily work only in delivery mode from 10:00 am to 08:00 pm every day.
- Volunteer Center works in each building of the RUDN University dormitory; work schedule is in each building.
- RUDN Clinical and Diagnostic Center is open from 08:00am to 08:00pm. Those who live in the dorms can get emergency help there.
- In Dorm #15, an office of psychological assistance for students and staff is open from 10:00am to 6:00pm (no lunchbreak) from Monday to Friday.
- June 1 – 8, it was allowed to leave the dorms for walks and sport according to the schedule on www.mos.ru
- From May 12 to June 14, no vehicles were allowed on campus, with the exception of vehicles of university staff on duty, appointed by a separate order of the Rector, police vehicles, firefighters and ambulances, as well as vehicles servicing commercial organizations
- For students who left campus during distance learning, payment for accommodation and utilities in dorms for the period from April 1 to June 30 has been canceled. For those who paid in advance, payment will be recalculated and carried forward to subsequent months.
- Medical residents working in Moscow hospitals and polyclinics live separately in dorm #15, 2 people sharing a room, while their previous accommodation is preserved.
- Those who have flu and cold symptoms and have the referral of RUDN Medical Center live separately in a hospital mode with access to medical care and meals.
- From April 15 to May 1, Dormitories ## 2,7 and 8, as well as the 14th floor of Dorm # 10 were quarantined. For those living in these buildings, a coronavirus test was conducted twice at the expense of the university, temperature was measured daily, meal boxes were given every day.
- April 13 – May 31, self-isolation regime was introduced at RUDN dorms, medical masks and latex gloves could be obtained at the exit. April 13 – May 11, it was allowed to leave the dorm for no more than 2 hours, no more than once a day. Since May 12, it was allowed to leave the dorm for 3 hours once a day. Exceptions were staying in the co-working area or halls of the Scientific Library in the main building.
- Since April 2, visits to RUDN University hostels by persons who do not live in this dorm, including RUDN students living in other dorm buildings, have been prohibited. Teachers and employees of RUDN University, parents, guests, representatives of diplomatic missions and consulates can visit only after getting a written permission.
- Russian students who left the dorms before March 30 notified RUDN University of the places and dates of their subsequent stay.
- Students and staff living in RUDN University dormitories are informed about the need not to leave the dormitories without extreme need.
Morjadino flew from warm Sao Tome to Moscow to receive the profession of an architect of buildings and structures. He loves Khrushchev apartment buildings (5-storey buildings of the 60’s), lives according to the laws of Vitruvius and wants to create something useful for society. We asked Morjadino what motivated him to move to Russia, why he chose Architecture and what project he presented at the Golden Section festival.
July 18, one of the passengers of Qatar Airways Moscow-Doha flight QR340 felt bad. Alaa Al Hajj, a Lebanese resident of RUDN Institute of Medicine (Traumatology and Orthopedics), who was flying on vacation, came to his aid. The young doctor provided first aid and convinced the crew to make an emergency landing at Kuwait International Airport to transfer the passenger to the medical team. Thanks to Alaa, the man remained alive.
The third working semester of the International student construction brigade “Meridian of Friendship” was opened at RUDN University. Vice-Rector for Student Affairs Mikhail Katsarsky motivated the students to work, speaking about his student path in the construction team, tied bandanas to the leaders and handed out tasks.