The International Congress on Ultra Modern Telecommunications and Control Systems - ICUMT 2018
Universities participating in the event: Princeton University (13 QS WUR), Moscow State University (95 QS WUR), Stockholm University (200 QS WUR), University of Hamburg (223 QS WUR), Moscow Institute of Physics and Technology (312 QS WUR), University of Lisbon (355 QS WUR), HSE (382 QS WUR), University of Tartu (321 QS WUR), Aalborg University (343 QS WUR), Tampere University of Technology (366 QS WUR). In total, 286 scientists from leading universities of the world took part in the conference, among them:
- Sergey Andreev - Tampere University of Technology, Finland
- Bamidele Adebisi, Manchester Metropolitan University, UK
- Torsten Braun, University of Bern, Switzerland
- Antonio Iera, Mediterranea University of Reggio Calabria, Italy
- Giuseppe Araniti, Mediterranea University of Reggio Calabria,, Italy
- Joanna Kolodziej, Cracow University of Technology, Poland
- Marília Curado, University of Coimbra, Portugal
- Francesco Marcelloni, University of Pisa, Italy
- Edmundo Monteiro, University of Coimbra, Portugal
- Bernhard Rinner, University of Klagenfurt, Austria
- Mauro De Sanctis, University of Rome Tor Vergata, Italy
- Halim Yanikömeroǧlu - Carleton University, Canada
- Heikki Hämmäinen, Aalto University, Finland
- Alexey Chukarin, Moscow Departament of Information Technologies, Russia; Mihail Luzgachev, JSC Electronic Moscow, Russia; Evgeniy Novikov, Moscow Departament of Information Technologies, Russia
- Mohammad Hammoudeh, Manchester Metropolitan University, UK.
The work of the Conference was organized in the form of plenary and sessions, as well as workshops and a round table.
The opening of ICUMT 2018 took place on the 5th of November. On the same day, the II International Summit on Research in the Field of 5G Networks «2nd 5G Summit R & D Russia» was held within the framework of the Conference. The summit became the second in Russia and continued a series of international meetings on 5G technology. The Summit provided a platform for industry leaders, innovators and researchers from the industry and the academic community to work together and exchange ideas on new 5G technologies, which will help in the process of their research, standardization and implementation.
At the plenary sessions (November 05–08, 2018) leading Russian and foreign scientists presented their reports on topical issues of the Conference:
Sectional meetings of the Conference were grouped into 2 main thematic areas: 1) telecommunications and 2) control systems, automation and robotics. In the framework of the first direction, were presented reports on the following thematic sections:
- Next Generation Wireless Systems and Services
- Wireless access technologies and related systems and protocols
- Green communications
- Low-level wireless technology
- Theory of Information and Coding
- Internet of Things
- Digital broadcast technologies and services
- Pervasive Computing and smart environment
- Intelligent Transport Systems (ITS) and Transport Self-Organizing Networks (VANET)
- Peer-to-peer technology
- Social networks
- E-commerce, mobile commerce, e-government, e-learning and e-health
- The following thematic sections were organized as part of the second area:
- Control systems
- Robotics and automation
Also within the framework of the Conference, the following workshops (workshops) were organized:
- 12th International Workshop on Applied Problems - APTP + MS 2018 (Autumn Session)
- International Workshop on VR / AR over 5G for Smart City Moscow
- 9th International Workshop on Broadband Access Networks - RABAN 2018.
On the 9 of November, a meeting was held in the format of a Round APTP + MS 2018 workshop Round Table.
At the closing of the conference, were summed up the results, was noted the high level and diversity of the participants' work, and the originality of the approaches to the study of the raised problems. The program committee decided to hold the next annual 11th international scientific conference on cutting-edge communications and management in October 2019 in Dublin (Ireland).