Issues of modern Pharmacotherapy:
- The effectiveness of modern Pharmacotherapy does not exceed 60% despite evidence-based medicine;
- Increase in the number of adverse drug reactions including fatal ones;
- When taking a standard dose, the concentration of some drugs varies over a wide range depending on patients.
It is necessary to assess properly the condition of xenobiotic metabolism (including medicines) individually for each patient since drugs are removed through the biotransformation system.
In order to adequately select drugs and their dosage regimen (improving pharmacotherapy), the diagnostics of the cytochrome Р450 (CYP450) isoenzymes activity is of great importance. These isoenzymes are responsible for over 50% of metabolism of widely used drugs dependent on Phase I. The activity of various CYP can be assessed simultaneously by injecting a cocktail made of the selected drugs, which are substrates of the relevant enzymes, with further collection of plasma samples aimed at quantifying the ratio of plasma concentration between the parent drugs and their metabolites.
The cytochrome Р450 (CYP450) isoenzymes can be diagnosed using Combi Cap, a capsule containing microcapsules of a few medications, in order to phenotype patients, which will allow to select drugs and their dosage regimen when treating diseases.
- Development of CombiCap test system.
- A capsule containing microcapsules of a few medications to assess properly the condition of xenobiotic metabolism (including medicines) individually for each patient in order to adequately select drugs and their dosage regimen (improving pharmacotherapy).
- Diagnostic test system.
- Pharmaceutical Science.