- Head of the research Laboratory of Applied Probabilistic Analysis in/ of the Belarusian State University
- Professor of the Probability Theory and Mathematical Statistics Department at the Belarusian State University
- Chairman of the Organizing Committee of the Belarusian Winter Conference on Queueing Theory
- Head of the Research Center for Applied Probabilistic Analysis of the Institute of Applied Mathematics & Communications Technology
Graduate of the faculty of applied mathematics of the Belarusian state University.
Defended his PhD thesis on the specialty 01.01.05 – probability theory and mathematical statistics.
Was awarded the academic title of senior researcher.
Defended his doctoral thesis on the specialty 05.13.16 – application of computers, mathematical modeling and mathematical methods in scientific research.
Received the academic title of Professor in "mathematics".
Lectures on the following courses: Probability Theory and Mathematical Statistics, Matrix-analytic methods in Queueing Theory (author’s course).
- Academic Secretary of the Expert Council in Mathematics of the Higher State Certification Commission of the Republic of Belarus since 2004
- Chairman of the International program Committee of the 13-15 international conferences "Information Technologies and Mathematical Modeling" named after A. F. Terpugov, Siberia, 2014-2016
- The winner of the Elsevier Publishing House Belarus Scopus Award 2013 for outstanding achievements in mathematics
Research in the field of the analysis of random processes in queueing systems, controllable queueing systems and their optimization, queueing systems in random environment, application of Queuing theory for the analysis of telecommunication and computer networks, and call centers are conducted under Alexander Dudin’s supervision.
More than 350 scientific articles and 3 monographs have been published on the results of the research (Hirsch index: 19 Scopus, WoS 14).
Participation in international scientific projects:
2014-2016 - Development and analysis of mathematical methods of assessing the effectiveness of hybrid transmission systems of multimedia information based on laser and radio-technology (The Belarusian Republican Foundation for Fundamental Research – The Russian Foundation for Fundamental Research).
2015-2017 - Development of mathematical models and methods of solution of optimization problems for energy saving in telecommunication networks (The Belarusian Republican Foundation for Fundamental Research – The National Research Foundation of Korea).
2016-2018 - Development and analysis of mathematical methods of combining the architecture of broadband wireless networks with linear topology. (The Belarusian Republican Foundation for Fundamental Research – The Russian Foundation for Fundamental Research).
2016-2020 - Development of mathematical methods for optimizing the parameters of multi-speed transmission of information in telecommunication networks (the state program of fundamental research "Informatics and space").
2016-2020 - Analysis and optimization of stochastic processes in queueing systems with controlled modes of operation (the state program of fundamental research "Convergence").
- stochastic processes
- the theory of queues and queues control, queues with repeated calls, queues in a random environment, the application of queueing theory in telecommunications