"Healthy planting material is the basis of food security"
Graduated from Moscow Agricultural Academy named after K. A. Timiryazev (Moscow Timiryazev Agricultural Academy), Agronomy Faculty, diploma with honors, specialization - plant protection.
Senior laboratory assistant of the all-Russian Research Institute of Phytopathology.
Postgraduate study at all-Russian Research Institute of Selection and Seed Production of Vegetable Crops.
Senior researcher of all-Russian Research Institute of Selection and Seed Production of Vegetable Crops.
Traineeship at Horticulture Research International – Wellesbourne, UK.
Post-doctoral studies at the National Institute of Vegetable, Ornamental Plants and Tea (NIVOT), Japan.
Senior researcher, leading researcher at the Center of "Bioengineering" of the Russian Academy of Sciences (Federal Research Center of Biotechnology of the Russian Academy of Sciences).
Post-doctoral studies at the University of Nebraska (Lincoln) USA.
Head of the group and laboratory of molecular Phytopathology of the center of "Bioengineering" of the Russian Academy of Sciences.
Professor of the Department of Plant Protection of the Russian State Agrarian University - Moscow Timiryazev Agricultural Academy.
Head of the laboratory of bacterial diseases of plants of the all-Russian Research Institute of Phytopathology.
Deputy Director for scientific work of the Research Laboratory "Phytoengineering».
Chairman of the scientific and technical Council of the Association of seed potato producers, member of the scientific and technical Council of the Rosselkhoznadzor in the section of quarantine phytosanitary surveillance and seed control, expert of the Russian Foundation for basic research and the Russian Science Foundation.
Head of the Department of Botany, Plant Physiology and Agrobiotechnology of Agrarian and Technological Institute of RUDN University.
Professor of Agrobiotechnology Department of RUDN University.
Lecture course for bachelors and masters of the direction “Agronomy”:
- “Bacterial diseases of plants”,
- “Molecular diagnostics in plant protection”,
- “Methods of Phytopathology”
- New types of resistance of cruciferous plants to bacteriosis were discovered. It is known that the harvest of different types of cabbage is rarely preserved without loss, sometimes losses reach 100%. The reason is latent or partially manifested defeat by bacterial infection. The use of new types of resistance (race-specific and systemic) can significantly reduce crop losses such as cabbage, and avoid multimillion losses of agricultural holdings.
- The stability of the genetic collections of cabbage crops of the N. I. Vavilov All-Russian Institute of Plant Genetic Resources was assessed. The results made it possible to obtain new donors for breeding varieties for resistance to phytopathogens.
- Collections of plant pathogenic bacteria were created and their genetic diversity was studied by methods of whole genome sequencing. Such bacteria on plants mutate, move from one culture to another, where they have not met before, which greatly complicates the diagnosis and the adoption of timely protection measures. The study will facilitate the diagnosis of bacterioses - especially those that have not previously met.
- New bacterial pathogens - new genotypes of the species Clavibacter spp., Xanthomonas spp. were described for the first time. Representatives of these two taxa are pathogenic and have a great genetic diversity. This often blurs visible symptoms of a typical lesion on the plant and makes it difficult to diagnose. The described new genotypes were not previously encountered on the usual host plants. On the basis of the obtained results, the methods of controlling phytopathogens have been improved.
- Pathogenic bacteria Dickeya solani, D. dianthicola, D. dadantii, Pantoea ananatis, Agrobacterium bv1 (root mat), Xanthomonas gardneri, X. euvesicatoria, X. arboricola (pathotype of grain crops) were revealed for the first time in Russia. Bacterioses of grain crops will lead not only to a quantitative decrease in yield but also to a deterioration in the quality of flour and its by-products because of the presence there of the products of their metabolism. The spread of bacteria with seed material leads to the fact that new prototypes are imported, the fight against which is extremely difficult. The obtained results allow more effective control of quarantine services, preventing the introduction of infectious diseases and agricultural pests into the territory of the Russian Federation.
- Biological methods of plant protection with the use of bacteriophages and bacteria-antagonists were developed. The developed methods allowed to expand the range of biological methods of fighting against bacteriosis.
- Epidemiology of bacterial diseases of plants.
- Evolutionary pathway and diversity of bacterial symbionts of insects and mites.
- Vascular bacteriosis of cabbage in Russia - causes of epiphytotics, methods of protection and sources of selection for disease resistance.
- Determination of phytopathogenic bacteria affecting crops, crucifers and solanaceous crops.
- New model objects for studying the interaction of plants and phytopathogenic bacteria.
- A new type of plant diseases caused by non-pathogenic microorganisms-producers of phytotoxic substances.
- The spread of bacterial and phytoplasmic plant diseases in Russia.
- The spread of causative agents of bacterial diseases of potatoes in Russia.
- The resistance of plants to phytopathogens.
- Xanthomonas, Pseudomonas, Clavibacter, Dickeya, Pectobacterium, Sclerotinia, Potyvirus (detection and diagnosis of phytopathogens, plant-pathogen interaction, new methods of plant disease control).