System diagnostics and personalized correction of mineral metabolism disorders normalizes metabolism and prevents the development of diseases at the pre-disease stage.
Graduated from Ivano-Frankivsk Medical Institute, Medical Faculty, speciality “General Medicine (Therapy)” and “Pediatrics”.
Employee of the Department of Pediatric Neurology of the Serbsky Institute of Forensic and Psychiatric Examination.
Head of the Autonomous non-profit organization “Center for Biotic Medicine” (former - SMC “Element”).
Junior researcher of the State Scientific Center of Narcology (Moscow).
Candidate thesis on “Study of the effect of chronic alcohol intoxication on the metabolism of zinc, copper and lithium in the body” was defended, speciality 14.00.45 - Narcology.
Junior researcher at Moscow Center for Research and Practice in Sports Medicine.
Doctoral thesis on “Ecological and physiological rationale of the effectiveness of the use of macro - and micronutrients in disorders of homeostasis in the examined from various climatic and geographical regions” was defended, specialties 14.00.17 - Normal Physiology and 14.00.51 - Regenerative Medicine.
Head of the Department of Nutrition and Bioelementology Orenburg State University, Director of the Institute of Bioelementology (Orenburg).
The academic title of Professor was awarded.
Chief researcher, Institute of Toxicology, Federal Biomedical Agency (FMBA) of Russia (Saint Petersburg).
Head of the laboratory of Biotechnology and Applied Bioelementology of the Yaroslavl Demidov State University (Yaroslavl).
Chief researcher of the Department of special research of the All-Russian Scientific Research Institute of Medicinal and Aromatic Plants (Moscow).
Vice-President of Trace Element Institute for UNESCO (Lyon, France).
Head of the Department of Medical Elementology of the Institute of Medicine RUDN University.
National V.I. Vernadsky environmental prize.
- Chief editor of the journals ”Trace elements in medicine” and “Trace elements and electrolytes”, member of the editorial boards of the journals “Trace elements in medicine and biology”, “Biological trace element research”, “Issues of biological, medical and pharmaceutical chemistry”, “Vestnik of Saint Petersburg I. I. Mechnikov State Medical Academy”, “Bulletin of restorative medicine”.
- Chairman of the Russian society of medical Elementology (ROSMAM); Board member of the Federation of European Societies on Trace Elements and Minerals, FESTEM; member of the problem Commission “Fundamentals of biochemistry, physiology and nutrition hygiene” of the interdepartmental scientific Council for medical problems of nutrition of the Federal research center of nutrition, food biotechnology and food safety (Institute “Federal Research Center of food and biotechnology”, former Scientific Research Institute of Nutrition RAMS); member of the problem Commission of RAS “Biotechnology”; honorary member of the Finnish society of biological medicine and the Romanian society of medical Elementology; full member of National Ecological Sciences Academy (NESA) of India and the Russian Academy of medical and technical Sciences, member of the Advisory Committee of the Institute of global health at Jiaotong University (Xi’an, China).
Gives lectures to students of the Institute of Medicine RUDN University, specialties “General Medicine” and “Dental Medicine” in the discipline
- “Medical Elementology”
The author of the following course-books and study guides:
- Radysh I. V., Skalny A.V. Introduction to medical Elementology: study guide / I. V. Radysh, A.V. Skalny. - Moscow. RUDN, 2015. - 200 p.
This study guide systematized information about the chemical properties of macro-and microelements, their biological and physiological role, interactions with various substances, describes the main causes of deficiency and excess of macro - and microelements. Methods of prevention and correction of metabolic disorders are considered.
- Eremin S. A., Eremin S. K., Kaletin G. I., Kaletina N. I., Kovalenko A. E., Simonov E. A., Skalny A. V., Khabriev R. U. Toxicological chemistry. Analytical toxicology: course-book / edited by R. U. Khabriev, N. I. Kaletina. - Moscow: GEOTAR - Media, 2010. - 752 p.
Different methods of sample preparation of biological samples and methods to determine toxicants (GC-MS, HPLC C-NMR, С-ICP - MS, GC-IR-Fourier, GRS, CE-ICP-M С, etc.) for solving problems of forensic chemistry, clinical toxicology, forensic analysis, doping and drug control were presented, mechanisms of action of toxicants, the patterns of their metabolism given toxico-genetics factors, the latest technology - metabolomics and metabonomics, biosafety issues, as well as ways of ensuring quality of examination results on the basis of good laboratory practice, system validation and qualification in the chemical-toxicological laboratories were studied.
- A new integrative direction of Life Sciences - Bioelementology, as well as its section - Medical Elementology was created;
- New fundamental knowledge on the biological role of zinc, copper, selenium, manganese was obtained;
- Methodology for assessing the elemental status of a person at the individual and population levels was developed, its relationship with demographic and health indicators was defined;
- The database and atlas on the content of chemical elements in biological samples of residents of the Russian Federation (more than 400,000 cases) was created;
- Methodology of personalized correction of violations of metabolism and detoxification of persons in hazardous occupations and the general population was developed;
- The features of the influence of exogenous factors on the formation of early childhood pathology (autism spectrum disorders, cerebral palsy (cerebral palsy), attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD), mental and speech retardation (PSRD) were studied.
- Glushchenko N. N., Kukhtina E. N., Olkhovskaya I. P., Semenov A. S., Skalny A.V. Method of modeling alcoholic coma. Patent SU, A1 1698903. Published 15.12.1991.
- Skalny A. V., Ignatov S. A., Losev A. S. Method for the treatment of poly-elementosis in patients with clinical manifestations of zinc-deficient States. Patent RU 2053770 C1. Published 01.02.1996.
- Skalny V. V., Skalny A.V. Method of treating patients with schizophrenia. Patent UA 17184 A. Published 18.03.1997
- Tambiev A. H., Kirikova N. N., Mazo V. K., Skalny A.V. Method for obtaining a selenium-containing preparation of spirulina biomass. Patent RU 2096037 C1. Published 20.11.1997.
- Semikopenko V. A., Skalny A.V., Demidov V. A. Method for identifying the risk group of breast diseases in women / / Patent for the invention RU 2230491 C2. Published: 20.06.2004. Bull. No. 17.
- Miroshnikov S. A., Lebedev S. V., Miroshnikov A. M., Notova S. V., Miroshnikova E. P., Skalny A.V., Gerasimenko V. V., Kanavina O. N., Malyushin E. N., Rodionova G. B., Chadova L. A. Method of reducing the lead content in the body of chickens // Patent for invention No. 2270580. Published: 27.02.2006. Bull. No. 6.
- Notova S. V., Gerasimenko V. V., Tarakanov B. V., Nikulin V. N., Lukyanov A. F., Skalny A. V., Miroshnikov S. A., Lebedev S. V. Method of lowering cholesterol in the body // Russian Patent for invention No. 2271173. Published: 10.03.2006. Bull. No. 7.
- Tinkov A. A., Gatiatulina E. R., Polyakova V. S., Nemershina O. N., Nikonorov A. A., Skalny A. V. Treatment and prevention of nonalcoholic fatty liver disease // Patent for the invention №2016126245/15(041091). Published: 08.02.2018. Bull. No. 4.
- Evaluation of the linkage between the violation of the elemental status of the population and medical-demographic parameters of individual territories.
- Development and introduction in scientific-practical activity of health new medical technologies assessment and correction of micronutrient status.
- Impact assessment of the functional reserves and physiological functions of the human body drugs of macro - and microelements, sorbents, their therapeutic effects in various diseases.
- Study of the health status of the population of individual territories using bio substrates as indicators of accumulation or deficiency of macro-and microelements.
- Creation of biologically active additives (BAA), pharmaceuticals and food products enriched with micronutrients.
- Study of the linkage of the elemental composition and mental illness (alcoholism, depression, schizophrenia).
- Study of the pre-, peri- and postnatal effects of alcohol and toxic chemical elements, macro- and micronutrient deficiencies and imbalances on child development and morbidity.
- Development of new physiological approaches to increase the level of functional reserves of special contingents and the athletes of higher qualification.