It is human nature to make mistakes, but it is foolish to persist in delusions.
Graduated from the Faculty of Pharmacy of I. M. Sechenov Moscow Medical Academy, specialty “Pharmacy”.
Assistant of the Department of Chemistry of the Faculty of Foreign Students, Faculty of Preventive Medicine of I.M. Sechenov First Moscow State Medical University (Sechenov University).
N.I. Pirogov gold medal for the best research work “Study and pharmacological properties of flavonoids of lemon balm herb”.
Member of Translational medicine society.
Member of Society of Naturotherapists of Russia.
Candidate thesis on “Application of physical and chemical methods in the analysis of infusions from raw medicinal plants of a family of Lamiaceae” was defended. Degree - Candidate of Pharmaceutical Sciences. Specialty “Pharmaceutical chemistry, pharmacognosy”.
Assistant of the Department of Pharmacognosy of the Faculty of Pharmacy of I.M. Sechenov First Moscow State Medical University.
Pharmacist-analyst, deputy head of the testing laboratory for quality control of medicines LLC “ECOPHARM CENTER”.
Title “Honored worker of science and education” of the Russian Academy of Natural History (RANH) was awarded.
Associate professor of the Institute of Biochemical Technology and Nanotechnology (IBTN) RUDN University.
Doctoral thesis on “Unification of physical and chemical methods of analysis of medicinal plant raw materials and complex preparations on a plant basis” was defended. Degree - Doctor of Pharmaceutical Sciences. Specialty “Pharmaceutical chemistry, pharmacognosy”.
Professor, the Institute of Biochemical Technology and Nanotechnology (IBTN) RUDN University.
Scientific editor of the journal “Fodder production” (list of HAC).
Expert on certification of experts of the Federal State Budgetary Institution “Scientific Centre for Expert Evaluation of Medicinal Products” of the Ministry of Health of the Russian Federation.
Marakhova A. I. gives lectures and conducts practical classes and seminars for master's and postgraduate students:
- “Basics of phytochemistry and technology of herbal remedies”;
- “Basics of pharmaceutical technology and nanotechnology”;
- “Modern principles of quality control of medicines”;
- “Chemistry of bioorganic compounds”;
- “Basics of quantum mechanics and physical chemistry”;
- “Methodology of scientific research”.
The author of the following study guides:
- Atlas of medicinal plants and impurities to them (M: "GEOTAR-MEDIA", Blinova O. L., Anisimova A. G., Pecherskaya L. G., Belonogova V. D., Marakhova A. I., Stanishevsky Y. M., 2017)
Morphological and anatomical features of pharmacopoeial raw materials and closely related species (impurities), drawings, photographs and micrographs are presented in this study guide.
This study guide is intended for students of pharmaceutical universities and faculties, pharmacists-interns, pharmacists-analysts involved in determining the authenticity of medicinal plant raw materials, as well as for those who prepare medicinal plant raw materials.
- “Photometric methods of analysis” (Fedorovsky N. N., Yakubovich L. M., Marakhova A. I., Moscow: Flinta - Science, 2017). The first part of the study guide contains brief theoretical information to understand the essence of the interaction of electromagnetic radiation with matter, get acquainted with the principle of photometry, its features, as well as some variations of its use. The second practical part of the manual includes laboratory work and questions for self-examination. The study guide is intended for students of medical, pharmaceutical and technological universities.
- Laboratory workshop on working with the device “NANOPHOX particle size analyzer”. (V. Yu. Zhilkina, A. I. Marakhova, Y. M. Stanishevsky, Moscow: RUDN Publishing house, 2016)
The purpose of this study guide - teaching students the principles of the device NANOPHOX. Practical recommendations contain general methods of work on the device, information about the functions, measurement parameters when working with the device, as well as the analysis of the data.
- Developed Methods of potentiometric determination of free organic acids and tannins in medicinal plant materials were developed and the priority of this method in comparison with the indicator titration was shown.
- 7 projects Pharmacopeia monographs (PM): GPM “Determination of tannins in herbal drugs”, PM “Rosehip fruit”, PM “Chamomile flowers”, PM “Blackcurrant fruit”, PM “Buckthorn bark”, PM “Vitamin collection No. 1”, PM “Vitamin collection No. 2” were developed.
- The method for cold water extraction of flavonoids from medicinal plant materials (patent RU No. 2453322) was developed. The invention makes it possible to isolate flavonoids in the native form and increase the efficiency of extraction.
- The method for quantifying calcium in liquid extracts from medicinal plant materials (patent RU No. 2488818) was invented. The method allows you quickly, without time-consuming sample preparation to determine the calcium content in liquid extracts.
- The appliance for cold water extraction of flavonoids and tannins from medicinal plant materials (patent RU 142485) was invented. The appliance allows efficient and economical release of flavonoids and tannins.
- The method for separating tannins and flavonoids from medicinal plant materials (patent RU 2522227) was developed. The method makes it possible to selectively isolate flavonoids and tannins with high extraction efficiency.
- The method of complex extraction of biologically active substances from medicinal plant raw materials at the cellular level (patent RU 2589820) was invented. The method made it possible to increase the efficiency of the release of biologically active substances in the native form.
- The method for extracting essential oil from medicinal plant materials (patent RU 2582292) was proposed. This method is characterized by versatility, allows you to effectively allocate both thermolabile and thermostable components of essential oil.
- The way of identifying chamomile flowers (patent RU2641093) was developed. The method allows to distinguish the chamomile flowers from the most similar admixture of Tripleurospermum perforatum. Proof of authenticity is simple and is combined with quantitative analysis of flavonoids.
- The computer program “Virtual laboratory of titration” (certificate of state Registration №2018612682) was created. The program is designed to teach students and allows to build acid - base titration curves in the coordinates of “pH-V(titrant)”, to determine the end point of titration and equivalent volume.
- The computer program “Calculation of weak acids depending on the pH of the solution” (certificate of state Registration № 2018610297) was created. The program is designed to calculate the solubility of slightly soluble salts depending on the pH to predict the results in the development of analytical techniques.
- The method of spectral identification of rosehip fruit and vitamin collection (patent RU2662059), combining proof of identity from quantitative analysis of biologically active compounds was invented.
- Three remedies with antimicrobial and antimycotic effect (patents RU2677331; RU2674334; RU2669931) were invented. Inventions allow to expand the range of herbal medicines with antimicrobial and antimycotic effect, characterized by greater activity compared to existing analogues.
- The appliance for the extraction of nucleotide complex from cells of Saccharomyces Cerevisiae (patent RU185282) was invented. The appliance allows to isolate quickly, economically and effectively the nucleotide complex for pharmaceutical application.
- The algorithm of development of methods of determination of biologically active compounds under the standardization of medicinal plant raw materials with the resulting drugs and the composition of the metabolome of medicinal plants was proposed for the first time.
- The impact of ultrasound, DC and AC voltage, pH extractant on the extraction of tannins and flavonoids from plant materials was systematically studied for the first time. Established Optimal frequencies for the extraction of flavonoids and tannins were specified. Showed The principal possibility of separate extraction of flavonoids and tannins under the influence of electric voltage was shown.
- The algorithm for spectrophotometric determination of the sum of flavonoids in medicinal plant raw materials, allowing to avoid the errors in choosing the wavelength and the standard sample was created.
- The method for producing a nanoscale phytosomal system (patent RU2680809) for targeted delivery and increasing the bioavailability of flavonoids was invented.
- Methods of isolation (extraction) and separation of biologically active compounds of natural origin;
- Methods of qualitative and quantitative analysis of biologically active compounds of natural origin;
- Standardization of medicinal plant raw materials;
- Evidence-based scientific basis of pharmacological activity of medicinal raw materials of natural origin.