"Mathematics expresses the essence of reality."
Graduated from the Faculty of Mathematics and Mechanics of Novosibirsk State University (FMM NSU), Bachelor's degree in “Mechanics and Applied Mathematics”.
Master's degree in “Mathematics” at NSU was received.
Works at NSU, since 2013 - professor of the Department of Computational Mathematics of FMM NSU.
Academic Secretary of the Department of Mathematical Modeling of FMM NSU.
Thesis on “Numerical modeling of shock wave amplification in bubble media” for the degree of Candidate of Physical and Mathematical Sciences was defended.
Research assistant (from junior researcher to chief researcher) at the Institute of Computational Mathematics and Mathematical Geophysics of the Siberian Branch of the Russian Academy of Sciences.
The title of Associate Professor at the Department of Mathematical Modeling of FMM NSU was awarded.
Deputy Dean of FMM NSU.
Thesis on “Mathematical simulation of multiphase gas dynamics taking into account gravity on a mainframe computer” for the degree of Doctor of Physical and Mathematical Sciences was defended.
Professor at the Department of Electrophysical Facilities and Accelerators of Novosibirsk State Technical University.
Professor of the Russian Academy of Sciences, Department of Mathematical Sciences of the Russian Academy of Sciences, Section of Applied Mathematics and Computer Science.
Corresponding Member of the Russian Academy of Sciences, Department of Mathematical Sciences of the Russian Academy of Sciences, Section of Applied Mathematics and Computer Science.
Member of the Editorial Board of the journal Numerical Analysis and Applications.
Professor of S.M. Nikol’skii Mathematical Institute of RUDN University.
Gives the course of lectures to RUDN students of bachelor’s and master’s studies in the direction “Applied Mathematics and Computer Science”,
- “Additional chapters of computational methods”,
- “Analytical and numerical methods for hydrodynamic problems”,
- “Mathematical models of continuous media”.
- Studied non-stationary processes in the problems of mechanics of multiphase compressible media and plasma physics as a result of the implementation of a full cycle of mathematical simulation. As a result, new optimal cost-effective algorithms with the highest possible degree of parallelizability, which take into account the specifics of the task were developed. For example, self-gravity consideration, highly variable coefficients, etc. Created software for mathematical simulation (a computational experiment verified by comparison with a physical experiment).
- Studied the dynamics of plasma and the efficiency of its retention in a new type of plasma trap with a low-temperature plasma. The results of numerical calculations are already used: in the design of new plasma “target traps” with inversion plugs and in the development of installations on counter electron-positron and proton beams, particle accelerators.
- Studied essentially nonlinear processes of shock wave amplification and fluid destruction in bubble (cavitating) media that develop under shock-wave loading. When calculating problems with a “bubble cluster”, discovered new physical effects that can be used to create a “saser” - an acoustic analog of pulsed laser systems.
- Studied the evolution of gravitationally unstable systems in the earth: the dynamics of mantle flows and the mechanism of magma destruction during the “explosive nature” of depressurization of a volcanic channel. In addition, when calculating problems with self-gravity, possible mechanisms for the origin of new galaxies were discovered - this allows us to consider new cosmological hypotheses. Simulates the erosion of tungsten samples under the influence of thermal pulse loads.
- Mathematical simulation of the dynamics of multiphase compressible media;
- Mathematical simulation of self-gravitating gas;
- Mathematical simulation of plasma dynamics and efficiency of its retention;
- Mathematical simulation of heating and evaporation of refractory metals.