"Now is not the time to rest."
Assistant, senior lecturer, associate professor of the Department of Russian Language №. 1 of the Preparatory Faculty of Peoples’ Friendship University named after P. Lumumba (now - RUDN University).
Postgraduate student of the Department of General Linguistics of Peoples’ Friendship University named after P. Lumumba (now - RUDN University).
Thesis on “Word-formation paradigm of persons’ names in the modern Russian language” was defended for the degree of Candidate of Philological Sciences.
Academic title of Associate Professor at the Department of Russian Language was awarded.
Head of the Department of Russian language №1 of the Faculty of Russian Language and General Educational Disciplines.
Dean of the Faculty of Advanced Training of Teachers of Russian as a Foreign Language of RUDN University.
Head of the Head of the Department of Russian Language, Academy of Engineering, RUDN University.
Thesis on “Integrative model of professionally oriented teaching of the Russian language to foreign bachelor students of technical and natural science profiles” was defended for the degree of Doctor of Pedagogical Sciences.
Gives a course of lectures to RUDN students: “Rhetoric and the basics of communication”.
Conducts practical classes in Russian as a foreign language in all directions of training for RUDN foreign students of the Academy of Engineering.
Author of the study guides:
- Yarkina L. P., Pugachev I. A. Conversation about Life: Educational complex for speech development for foreigners studying the Russian language. Moscow: Russian language Courses, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019.
The educational complex is designed to teach all types of speech activity and the formation of socio-cultural competence of foreign students of non-philological profile, mastering the I certification level of proficiency in RFL. The main purpose of the complex is to develop speaking and listening skills of students. During the classes using the materials of the complex, students acquire the necessary skills and abilities that allow them to successfully solve communicative tasks in everyday and socio-cultural spheres of communication. The complex includes “Student’s book”, “Workbook”, “Control materials” and a disk with audio recording of texts. The educational complex is addressed to young foreigners studying in Russian higher educational institutions, as well as those who study Russian outside of Russia.
- Pugachev I. A., Budiltseva M. B., Novikova N. S., Varlamova I. Yu. Russian as a foreign language. Culture of speech communication: Textbook for academic bachelor studies. Moscow: Yurayt Publishing House, 2019, 231 p.
The main purpose of the textbook is to help foreign students master the basics of modern Russian speech culture, introduce them to the norms of the modern Russian literary language, functional styles, and stereotypes of Russian speech behavior in typical communication situations. Available theoretical commentary and material of practical tasks contribute to the development of skills of rapid understanding of stereotyped replicas, adequate response to them and natural speech behavior in the social, educational, professional and business spheres. The content of the textbook meets the current requirements of the Federal State Educational Standard of Higher Education. It is intended for foreign students who speak Russian at the 1 Certification Level (threshold level B1 according to the CEFRL). It can be recommended for foreign specialists in various spheres working in Russia or cooperating with Russian companies where Russian is a “working language”.
- Pugachev I. A. Professionally oriented teaching of the Russian language as a foreign language: theory, practice, technologies: Monograph. Moscow: RUDN, 2016, 483 p.
The monograph examines the scientific-methodological and content-structural foundations of professionally oriented teaching of the Russian language to foreign bachelor students of technical and natural science profiles. In the context of the evolution of the role of language learning in higher professional education, the problems of communicative and speech training of foreign students of this profile in the educational, scientific, educational, professional and socio-cultural spheres of communication are studied. A scientifically based integrative linguodidactic model of professional and communicative training of foreign bachelor students is proposed, which includes interrelated language disciplines and courses (educational modules) that organically complement each other at different stages of training and have a logical completeness in relation to the established goals and results of training and education.
- Developed and put into practice an integrative linguodidactic model of professionally oriented learning. It consists of logically interconnected and complementary educational modules that cover the entire period of the bachelor studies. The model forms the communicative competence of foreign students, taking into account their needs at a specific educational stage and direction of training. It is used in the organization of the educational process in Russian as a foreign language for technical and natural science training profiles.
- Studied in co-authorship the problem of adequate translation in the case of differences in the ideological context in the case of intergroup mediation. Determined that the translator refers to a mechanism based on: (1) a formal model of an ideologically determined translation problem and (2) a methodology for analyzing ideological shifts from the standpoint of the background and key role of ideology in the translated text. The concept proposed by the author can be used in machine translation used in the news industry.
- Studied in co-authorship the principles of systematization and features of presentation of educational material of lexical norms of the modern Russian literary language. Analyzed the meanings and usage of Russian internationalisms in comparison with the vocabulary of the Spanish language. Determined that the study of lexical norms should be aimed at overcoming the influence of one language on another. Emphasized the leading role of the language-oriented approach and translation as teaching methods.
- Nationally oriented teaching of Russian as a foreign language;
- Professionally oriented training of foreign students of technical and natural science profiles;
- Methods of intercultural education by means of Russian as a foreign language;
- New technologies for teaching Russian as a native language and as a foreign language;
- Social and cultural adaptation of foreign students in Russia.