"In the 21century, patients should not die from iatrogenic complications."
Graduated from the Medical Faculty of the 2nd Moscow Order of Lenin State Medical Institute named after N. I. Pirogov (now - Pirogov Russian National Research Medical University), in specialty ”General Medicine”.
Junior researcher, then - senior researcher, and from 1998 - Head of the Laboratory of Anesthesiology and Resuscitation of the Surgical Department of the Research Institute of Roentgenology and Radiology of the Ministry of Health of the Russian Federation.
Thesis on “Prevention of cicatricial stenosis of the trachea” for the degree of Candidate of Medical Sciences in the specialty “Anesthesiology and resuscitation” was defended.
Honorary title “Honored Doctor of the Russian Federation” for services in the field of healthcare and many years of conscientious work.
Thesis on “Respiratory monitoring in lung cancer surgery” for the degree of Doctor of Medical Sciences in the specialty “Anesthesiology and resuscitation” was defended.
Member of the European Society of Intensive Medicine, ESICM.
Professor of the Department of Anesthesiology and Resuscitation of the Institute of Medicine, RUDN University.
Head of the Department of Anesthesiology and Resuscitation (since 2018 - Department of Anesthesiology and Resuscitation with Medical Rehabilitation Course) of the Institute of Medicine, RUDN University.
Deputy Director for Scientific and Clinical Activities of the Federal Scientific and Clinical Center for Resuscitation and Rehabilitation.
Gives lectures to RUDN students and residents of the Institute of Medicine on the following subjects:
- “Anesthesiology: types of anesthetics and analgesics”;
- “Anesthesiology: ensuring the perioperative period”;
- “Intensive care for sepsis”;
- “Differential diagnosis of comatose states”;
- “Rehabilitation of patients with a low level of consciousness at the resuscitation stage”;
- “Neuroprotection in intensive care”;
- “Nutritional support for patients in critical conditions”;
- “Respiratory support for patients with long-term impaired consciousness”.
Author of the manuals:
- Nutritional and metabolic therapy in patients in a chronic critical condition after a cerebral catastrophe. Manual for doctors. Moscow, “Green Print” Publishing House, 2018. 40 p. Krylov K. Yu., Grechko A.V., Petrova M. V., Shestopalov A. E., Yagubyan R. S.
Nutritional and metabolic therapy is the main method of recovery of patients after a cerebral catastrophe. The monograph outlines the basic principles of planning and implementing nutrition therapy in this category of patients.
- Guide to medical and social expertise and rehabilitation in 3 vols. Vol. 2: Restrictions of life activity in children. Moscow, “Tonchu” Publishing House, 2018. Achkasov E. E., Volynets G. V., Gal I. G., Grechko A.V., Nikitin A. N., Petrova M. V., Pryanikov I. V., Puzin S. N., Skvortsova T. A.
The guide highlights the most important social problem - the possibilities and legal issues of medical and social expertise and rehabilitation, including patients with a low level of consciousness.
- Stationary automated system to maintain human life (ADLK-S). Methodological recommendations for use. Moscow, “Publishing Technologies”, 2017. Sadovnichy V. A., Makarovets N. A., Podolsky V. E., Sokolov M. E., Molchanov I. V., Petrova M. V., Baykova O. M., Baranov A. P., Belousov A. A., Budanov V. M., Galatenko V. V., Gridchik I. E., Gulai Yu. S., Kochergin V. G., Kuvshinova Ya. V., Kulabukhov V. V., Minchuk S. V., Oktyabrskaya L. V., Potievskaya V. P., Roginko O. A., et al.
A team of authors has created the system to maintain the vital activity of the human body. The manual presents a detailed algorithm for using this system for the diagnosis of urgent critical conditions in district hospitals.
- Developed and implemented an algorithm for perioperative (from the moment of diagnosis to the patient, the decision on surgical treatment until the patient's recovery) patient management, based both on the principles of evidence-based medicine and on a personalized approach to the problems into the practice of anesthesiology and resuscitation departments.
- Developed criteria to predict the possibility of the patient’s recovery from prolonged unconsciousness.
- The initiator of a new direction in practical medicine - the rehabilitation of patients at the stage of resuscitation, when the patient needs to maintain vital functions.
- Developed unique rehabilitation techniques that are used in patients in a chronic critical condition to allow the patient to be weaned from the respirator after prolonged artificial ventilation, while maintaining or restoring motor activity and increasing the level of consciousness.
- Developed a method of craniocerebral hypothermia in patients with prolonged impaired consciousness. The method is based on the principles of hypothermic preconditioning. It allows to significantly reduce the mortality rate and increase the level of consciousness in this category of patients.
- Developed in co-authorship “Method for drug correction of central hemodynamic disorders in cancer patients in the early postoperative period”. The invention relates to medicine, namely to anesthesiology and resuscitation, and can be used to correct hemodynamic disorders in patients in the departments of anesthesiology, resuscitation and intensive care in the early postoperative period.
- Developed in co-authorship “Device for continuous monitoring of the functional state of the patient”. The invention relates to medical technology, namely to devices for remote monitoring of patients for diagnosis by several physiological parameters, and can be used in practical health care institutions, including in the ambulance system, remote consultation centers with the use of telemetric communication channels to maintain human life.
- Respiratory therapy in patients with chronic impairment of consciousness and the search for objective criteria of readiness for weaning from prolonged artificial lung ventilation.
- Respiratory biomechanics in single-lung and traditional lung ventilation during thoracic surgery.
- Nutritional and metabolic therapy in patients in critical condition and the study of the problem of restoring the nutritional status in this category of patients.
- Study of the temperature balance of the brain and methods for restoring moderate heterogeneity in patients after cerebral catastrophes.
- Prevention of venous thrombosis in the postoperative period, in cancer patients and in chronic critical condition.
- Quality management of medical care in intensive care units.