Krasnozavodsk Chemical and Technological College (now - Krasnozavodsk Chemical and Mechanical College), specialty “Metal cutting”.
Service in the Soviet Army.
Krasnozavodsk Chemical plant, Moscow region. Turner, process technician, design engineer.
Studied at the Peoples’ Friendship University named after Patrice Lumumba (now - RUDN University), specialty “Economics and national economy management”. Faculty of Economics and Law. Topic of the graduation paper: “Development of agricultural and industrial integration in the USSR”.
Worked International student construction brigades (ISCB) at the construction sites of Moscow and the Baikal-Amur mainline (BAM) as a soldier, brigade leader, commissar and commander of the district unit.
Trainee, assistant, associate professor of the Department of Economics, Organization and Management of Agriculture of the Faculty of Economics and Law of the Peoples’ Friendship University named after Patrice Lumumba (now - RUDN University).
Candidate thesis on “Problems of agricultural intensification in India” was defended. The degree of Candidate of Economic Sciences in the specialty “Economics of foreign countries” was awarded.
Lecturer at the Department of Agricultural Economics, Faculty of Economics, University of Aden) People's Democratic Republic of Yemen. In 1986, Certificate of Honor from the Embassy of the USSR in the People's Democratic Republic of Yemen for his contribution to the training of highly qualified specialists for the PDRY was awarded.
Associate professor of the Department of Economics, Organization and Management of Agriculture at the Faculty of Economics and Law of the Peoples’ Friendship University named after Patrice Lumumba (now - RUDN University).
Deputy Dean of the Faculty of Economics and Law of the Peoples’ Friendship University named after Patrice Lumumba (now - RUDN University).
Research and teaching internship at Shandong University, China.
Founder and head of the Institute of World Economy and Business (IWEB) of RUDN.
Founder, head of the Department of International Economic Relations, Faculty of Economics, RUDN University.
Dean of the Faculty of Economics of RUDN University.
Doctoral thesis on “Problem of external dependence in the strategy of economic security of Russia” was defended. The degree of Doctor of Economics in the specialty “World economy” was awarded.
Academic title of Professor in the Department of “International Economic Relations” was awarded.
Chairman of the dissertation Council in the specialty 08.00.14 - World economy.
The order of friendship for the contribution to the training of highly qualified specialists in the fields of Economics and Management for the Russian Federation and foreign countries was awarded.
A full member of the Russian Academy of Natural Sciences (RANS) of the Russian Federation in the Department of Forecasting.
Honorary worker of higher education of the Russian Federation, honorary worker of higher education of Kazakhstan, Professor Emeritus of RUDN University.
Teaches RUDN students of master’s and postgraduate studies the following subjects:
- “International monetary and credit, and financial relations”;
- “World economy”;
- “Russia in the global world”.
Author of the following study guides and monographs:
- “Country features of the formation of national innovation systems (NIS) in the context of increasing uncertainty in the world economy (on the example of China. Republic of Korea, South Africa, Russia)”: monograph / under the general editorship of N. P. Gusakov. - Moscow: Ekon-Inform publishing house, 2019 - 307 p.
Theoretical bases of formation and functioning of national innovation systems (NIS); development features of NIS in the conditions of growing uncertainty of the world economy; the successful experience of the formation of NIS foreign countries (Kazakhstan, China, South Africa), in which the time period of formation of own innovation capacity was relatively short experience of the leading Western powers were studied in the monograph; the key factors that ensured their competitiveness on the world stage over a relatively short period of time were identified; an analysis of the innovation policy of these countries is presented, conclusions and suggestions for Russia were made; promising areas of cooperation in the innovation sphere of Russia with countries with rapidly developing economies were identified.
- “International monetary and credit relations”: course book / under the general editorship of N. P. Gusakov. - 3rd ed., reprinted and additional-M.: INFRA-M, 2017 - 351 p.
The course book outlines the basic questions of the course “International monetary and credit relations”, IMCR in the light of new phenomena, in the conditions of globalization of world economic relations; world monetary system: modern state, problems and prospects of development; features of the formation of the European monetary system, the establishment of economic and monetary Union, the development problems of the Euro area; regulation of international monetary relations; the status, trends and dynamics of market of currencies, especially the currency market of the Russian Federation. The forms of international payments and credit, monetary and payment conditions of foreign trade and credit agreements; the nature and significance of the world capital market at the present stage; the role of the financial centres of the world; the current state of the factors and trends in the global banking sector; the importance of international financial organizations and especially the international monetary and credit relations of Russia in conditions of its integration into the world economy are considered. It meets the Federal state educational standard of higher education of the latest generation. For students and teachers of higher education institutions, students of postgraduate education centers, postgraduate students, practitioners in international monetary and credit operations and settlements in the international sphere.
- Formed the scientific school “National interests and foreign economic security of countries in the context of increasing uncertainty in the world economy”.
- Introduced the categories “foreign economic security” and “interdependence of national economies” into scientific circulation.
- Defined conceptual approaches to the development of a new economic security strategy. For this purpose, the analysis of threats was carried out in the Decree of the President of the Russian Federation №. 608 of 29.04.1996 “On the state strategy of economic security of the Russian Federation”. It was managed to identify the following threats: 1. Increasing property differentiation of the population and increasing the level of poverty; 2. Deformed structure of the Russian economy; 3. Increasing unevenness of socio-economic development of regions; 4. Criminalization of society and economic activity; 5. Low energy efficiency of the economy and others. These threats should be reflected in the new economic security Strategy, which should replace purely economic interests with a broader concept - national interests.
- Proved that the national interests of the leading countries of the world economy dictate progress towards a multipolar world order. Justified the growing interdependence of states, which manifests itself in symmetrical and asymmetric forms.
- International monetary and credit, and financial relations;
- World economy;
- Russia in the global world.
Scientific consultant, doctor of science, professor Gusakov Nikolai Pavlovich
Structural unit of organization
The department of International Economic Relations in Economic Faculty of RUDN University
The directions and topics of scientific researches
Foreign economic security, globalization, essential characteristics of the development of the world economy and international economic relations.