Graduated from the Faculty of Pharmacy of I. M. Sechenov Moscow Medical Academy, diploma with honors.
Candidate thesis on “Pharmacognosy quality study of the black elderberry, red elderberry, elderberry Siberian” was defended. Degree - Candidate of Pharmaceutical Sciences.
Doctoral thesis on “Improvement of standardization and quality control of medicinal plant raw materials and dosage forms from it on the basis of microscopic research method” was defended. Degree - Doctor of Pharmaceutical Sciences.
Leading researcher of the laboratory of pharmacognosy of the Research Institute of Pharmacy of I. M. Sechenov First Moscow State Medical University.
Director of the center for research and development of Shared Research and Educational Center RUDN University.
Acting head of the Department of Pharmaceutical Chemistry and Pharmacognosy of RUDN University, professor of the department.
Member of the Dissertation Council 0300.001 of RUDN University on scientific specialties 14.04.02 - Pharmaceutical Chemistry, Pharmacognosy (pharmaceutical Sciences); 14.03.06 - Pharmacology, Clinical Pharmacology (pharmaceutical Sciences).
Member of the Expert Qualification Commission of the Ministry of Health of the Russian Federation on the certification of experts for the right to carry out the examination of medicines for medical use.
Member of the Council of the Ministry of Health of the Russian Federation on the state Pharmacopoeia.
Scientific editor of “State Pharmacopoeia XIII” “State Pharmacopoeia XIV”.
Potanina O. G. gives lectures to students of additional vocational education programs:
- “Pharmaceutical Chemistry and Pharmacognosy”
- “Pharmaceutical development”.
- Co-author of 10 patents, including:
- Filler for capsule inhaler (RU 2634258 - the invention relates to the chemical and pharmaceutical industry and relates to capsules with a powder pharmaceutical inhalation composition for the treatment of autoimmune diseases),
- Rapidly dissolving transbuccal membrane for the treatment of depressive disorders, anxiety and adaptation disorders (RU 2634258 - the invention expanded the arsenal of drugs that provide delivery of the drug to the blood in an unchanged form, for inhalation administration in the treatment of autoimmune diseases),
- A multifunctional combined drug for the correction of immunodeficiency state and the treatment of severe infectious and inflammatory diseases (RU 2491087 - the invention relates to medicine and concerns a new multifunctional combined drug of a wide spectrum of action based on interferon),
- A method for determining the components of plant collection by microscopic method (RU 2144668 - the invention is intended for qualitative and quantitative determination of components in multicomponent plant powder collections. The method provides for improving the quality of control and simplifying it in the standardization of fees of the “tan” type).
- Potanina O. G. is the author of more than 30 general Pharmacopoeia articles and Pharmacopoeia articles for the State Pharmacopoeia of the Russian Federation XIII edition and XIV edition on standardization of herbal medicines, including homeopathy.
- More than 150 scientific and methodical works on standardization and quality control of medicinal plant raw materials and dosage forms from it were published.
- Pharmaceutical Chemistry;
- technology of drugs;
- pharmaceutical development of drugs;
- research of herbal drugs;
- standardization and quality control of drugs;
- State Pharmacopoeia.