Innovations of national science in the service of health of Russians.
Graduated from the Faculty of Dentistry of N. A. Semashko Moscow Medical Stomatological Institute (MMSI).
Was trained in clinical residency at the Department of Hospital Surgical Dentistry MMSI. Till 1985 - a full-time doctor of this Department.
Candidate thesis on “Clinical and physiological justification of premedication in outpatient dental surgery” was defended.
Served in the Ministry of Internal Affairs in various positions in the Central Hospital of the Ministry of Internal Affairs, Chief dentist of the Ministry of Internal Affairs of the Russian Federation.
The UN medal “In the Service of Peace” was awarded.
The order “For Personal Courage” for performing a special task of the Russian government on the territory of a foreign state was awarded.
Doctoral thesis on “The use of physiological capabilities of the body of patients in the complex treatment after surgical dental interventions” was defended.
The prize of the Russian Academy of Medical Sciences (RAMS) for the book “Premedication in a dental clinic” was awarded.
Worked in the UK (Bristol Hospital) as a senior physician of the Department of Maxillofacial Surgery and Surgical Dentistry.
Head of the Department of Faculty Surgical Dentistry and Implantology of Moscow State University of Medicine Dentistry (MSUMD).
Head of the program of complex scientific research on Dental Implantology, approved by the Academic Council of MSUMD, which resulted in the widespread introduction of implantology in health practice.
Member of the British Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons.
Dean of the Faculty of Dentistry of Moscow State University of Medicine Dentistry (MSUMD).
The grant of the President of Russia “For scientific school” in Dental Implantology was awarded.
Head of the Department of Hospital Surgical Dentistry and Maxillofacial Surgery MSUMD.
The order “For service to Russia”, the order was issued by the Ministry of Internal Affairs of Russia was awarded.
Head of the Department of Maxillofacial Surgery and Implantology of Nizhny Novgorod State Medical Academy.
Member of EARMFS European association for cranio-maxillo-facial surgeons (eacmfs.org).
Head of the Department of Maxillofacial Surgery and Surgical Dentistry of the Institute of Medicine RUDN University.
President of the Association of Dental Surgeons and Maxillofacial Surgeons of Russia (StAR).
Corresponding member of the Russian Academy of Sciences.
Head of the Department of Maxillofacial Surgery of I.M. Sechenov First Moscow State Medical University.
Conducts lectures to 4th and 5th year students of the Institute of Medicine RUDN University:
- The basics of dental implantology.
- The basics of reconstructive surgery of the alveolar bone.
The author of the following study guides:
- Propedeutics of dental diseases. Course-book / ed. Razumova S. N., Lebedenko I. Yu., Ivanov S. Yu. m. GEOTAR-Media, 2019, - 336 p.
The course-book contains information on the sections of therapeutic, surgical and orthopedic dentistry. It describes in detail the most modern methods of examination in the practice of a dentist, the anatomy of the teeth, anesthesia, methods of tooth extraction, odontopreparation, filling (cavities, root canals, stumps), methods of removing impressions. Dental materials and tools, problems of asepsis and antiseptics, registration of medical documentation, as well as ethics and deontology, ergonomics are presented. The publication is intended for students and residents of dental faculties of medical universities, novice doctors, dentists.
- Dental implantation. National guide / edited by A. A. Kulakov. - M., GEOTAR-MEDIA, 2018, 400 p.
(Abramyan S. V., Andreeva S. N., Arzhantsev A. P., Badalyan K. Yu., Brailovskaya T. V., Wagner V. D., Volkov A.V., Gvetadze R. S., Dobrodeev A. S., Drobyshev A. Yu., Zavodilenko L. A., Zoryan E. V., Ivanov S. Yu., Krechina E. K., Losev F. F., Mirgazizov M. Z., Muraev A. A., Olesova V. N., Panin A. M., Rabinovich S. A., Seregin S. S., Smirnova L. E., Tsitsiashvili A.M., Yaremenko A. I.).
National guidelines - first series of practical guidelines in Russia on basic medical specialties, including all the basic information necessary for a doctor for continuous postgraduate education. Unlike most other guidelines, national guidelines place equal emphasis on prevention, diagnosis, pharmacotherapy and non-drug therapies.
The first edition of the national guideline “Dental implantation” contains up-to-date and relevant information on the organization of dental surgical care, methods of diagnosis, planning and treatment of patients with missing teeth. The guideline describes in detail all stages of preparation of patients for implantation, surgical and orthopedic treatment, the issues of anesthesiological support, organization, clinical examination and correction of complications. The publication is intended for dentists, residents.
- Basic principles of internal fixation of the facial skeleton. Textbook. (ed. Mitroshenkov P. N., Ivanov S. Yu., Muraev A. A., Trufanov V. D.) - M., GEOTAR-MEDIA, 2016, 144 p.)
In the study guide the basic principles of internal fixation of the facial skeleton, the theoretical basis of the main types of osteosynthesis of the lower jaw are considered. Schemes and description of the method of compression osteosynthesis using tightening screws and dynamic compression plates are given. It is intended for students of senior courses of medical universities studying in the specialty “Dentistry” and “General Medicine“, as well as residents and post-graduate students, practicing dental surgeons and maxillofacial surgeons.
- Fundamentals of dental implantology. Study guide. (ed. Ivanov S. Yu., Muraev A. A., Petrov I. Yu.) - M., GEOTAR-MEDIA, 2016, 149 p.
General characteristic of implant systems is given, indications and contraindications to dental implantation are considered, stages of planning of orthopedic treatment with the use of dental implants are described, pharmacological support of operations is described, surgical principles of implant installation and protocol of patient observation, methods, means of prevention and hygiene are stated.
Materials devoted to the innovative Russian implantation system IRIS, which was created under the leadership of Ivanov Sergei Yuryevich Doctor of Medicine, Professor are in a separate chapter.
- Antibiotic therapy and antibiotic prophylaxis of purulent infection in maxillofacial surgery. Study guide. (ed. Ivanov S. Yu., Mitroshenkov P. N., Trufanov V. D. Muraev A. A. M., GEOTAR-MEDIA, 2016, 111 p.)
The study guide summarizes national experience of antibiotic therapy and antibiotic prophylaxis of infections of the maxillofacial region. Modern ideas about the role of certain microorganisms in the occurrence of inflammatory diseases, as well as doses and modes of administration of antibacterial agents used for the therapy and prevention of inflammatory diseases of the maxillofacial region are reflected. Modern provisions on the development of purulent-inflammatory complications in the treatment of infected fractures of the lower jaw and the role of bone fragments stability as one of the leading etiological factors contributing to the accession of infection in the treatment of this type of fractures are presented.
- Barrier membrane for surgical dentistry was invented (certificate for utility model No. 15960).
- Endodont-endosseous implant was invented (patent for invention No. 2228727).
- Orthodontic mini-implant was invented (patent for utility model No. 58029).
- Dental implant was invented (patent for utility model No. 80335).
- Trademark certificate was registered (service mark No. 221858).
- Dental intraosseous screw two-stage implant was invented (patent for invention No. 2122374).
- Biocompatible material for dentistry “Bioimplant” was invented (patent for invention No. 2131243).
- Solution-inducer of osteogenesis for dentistry was invented (patent for invention No. 2136263).
- Method of obtaining “Biomatrix implant” transplant for dentistry was invented (patent for invention No. 2136297).
- Method of obtaining “Bio-matrix implant I” transplant for dentistry was invented (patent for invention No. 2136298).
- Method of obtaining salts of glycosaminoglycans was invented (patent for invention No. 2139715).
- Method of producing aggregates of proteoglycans from the cartilage of farm animals was invented (patent for invention No. 2139716).
- Biocompatible material for dentistry was invented (patent for invention No. 2155024).
- Method of producing collagen from bone tissue was invented (patent for invention No. 2161976).
- Method of obtaining sulfated glycosaminoglycans was invented (patent for invention No. 2162331).
- Dental osteointegrated implant with regulated microrelief was invented (patent for invention No. 2179001).
- Dental osteointegrated implant with enhanced bio-inert properties was invented (patent for invention No. 2185125).
- Method of obtaining bone material was invented (patent for invention No. 2189823).
- Screw dental implant was invented (patent for invention No. 22623250.
- Method of biocompatible material producing for dentistry was invented (patent for invention No. 2278655).
- Method of producing material for osteoplasty and material for osteoplasty was invented (patent for invention No. 2278679).
- Method of manufacturing a dental prosthesis with the use of implants, the system of a dental prosthesis with the use of implants and a set of appliances for dental prosthetics was invented (patent for invention No. 2297195).
- Reconstructive surgery for congenital anomalies of the jaws (orthognathic surgery);
- Directed regeneration of bone tissue;
- Reconstructive maxillo-facial surgery with the use of revascularizing bone and soft tissue grafts using microsurgical equipment;
- The use of combined methods of anesthesia in outpatient dental interventions.