Graduated with honors from Bauman Moscow Higher Technical School - BMHTS (now Bauman Moscow State Technical University - BMSTU).
Worked in the design Bureau of I.V. Kurchatov Institute of Atomic Energy.
Completed full-time postgraduate course at the Bauman Moscow State Technical University and Candidate thesis on “Development of a method for calculating the launch process of a supersonic diffuser” was successfully defended.
Senior researcher at the Institute for High Temperatures of the Russian Academy of Sciences.
Works at the Academy of State Firefighting Service of the EMERCOM of Russia, worked from a senior lecturer to the head of the Department of Engineering Thermophysics and Hydraulics.
Doctoral thesis on “Thermophysical bases of fire and explosion security of hydrogen energy” was successfully defended.
The rank of Lieutenant Colonel of the Internal Service was awarded.
Member of the Expert Council on Energy of the Higher Attestation Commission under the Ministry of Education and Science of the Russian Federation. Since 2015 - academic Secretary of the Council.
Was elected to the National Committee for Heat and Mass Transfer of the Russian Academy of Sciences.
Professor of the Department of Technospheric Security of the Agrarian and Technological Institute RUDN University.
Gives lectures and conducts practical and laboratory classes in the following academic disciplines:
- “Prediction of dangerous fire factors”
The author of the following study guides:
- Puzach S. V. Mathematical modeling of gas dynamics and heat and mass transfer in solving problems of fire and explosion safety: Study guide. Moscow: Ministry of the Russian Federation for Civil Defence, Emergencies and Elimination of Consequences of Natural Disasters, Academy of State Firefighting Service, 2002, 149 p.
Examples of numerical studies of the laws of heat and mass transfer in a room during a fire, propagation of explosive gas (hydrogen), and extinguishing a fire by a directed explosion were given. For scientists and engineers.
- Koshmarov Yu. A., Puzach S. V. Prediction of dangerous fire factors on the premises: Study guide. M.: Academy of SFS EMERCOM of Russia, 2012, 126 p.
In the study guide, the physical content of dangerous fire factors was considered, their maximum permissible values were given, and the basics of modern methods for predicting their dynamics in premises using various levels of mathematical description of fire were described. Methods of numerical solution of differential equations of the integral mathematical model of fire were described. The essence of zone and field (differential) methods of mathematical modeling of fire was described. The parameters of the fuel load for residential and non-residential premises were given.
The content of the study guide corresponds to the curriculum for students and cadets of the Academy of FSS EMERCOM of Russia, who study in the specialty “Fire security”.
The study guide can be useful for researchers and engineers, lecturers and adjuncts, students of higher and secondary educational institutions of EMERCOM of Russia of fire and technical profile.
- Puzach S. V., Smagin A.V., Lebedchenko O. S., Abakumov E. S. New ideas for calculating the required time for evacuation of people and the effectiveness of using a portable filter of self-rescuers during the evacuation in case of fires. Study guide. Moscow: Academy of SFS EMERCOM of Russia, 2007, 222 p.
The analysis of toxic gases generated by the combustion of the combustible load of premises and modern building materials was performed. The influence of toxic products of combustion on the human body was studied. Standard and modern methods of calculating the required time for the evacuation of people from premises were analyzed. The determining influence of dangerous fire factors that are not taken into account in regulatory documents was shown. The existing database on fire load based on a review of literature sources was updated and expanded on the release of toxic gases. The results of calculating the order of occurrence of dangerous fire factors using the standard calculation method and an extended database were presented and analyzed. The results of the numerical calculation of the dynamics of changes in the concentrations of toxic gases on escape routes during a fire in buildings and structures using modern field and zone methods were presented. The necessity of using portable filter self-rescuers to ensure the safe evacuation of people from buildings in case of fires was justified. The monograph is aimed at researchers and practitioners of fire protection, lecturers and students of higher educational institutions of fire and technical profile.
- A mathematical model for calculating the content of carboxyhemoglobin in human blood under the influence of carbon monoxide (CO) was proposed. It was developed based on the results of numerical experiments to determine the concentration of carboxyhemoglobin at an increased rate of pulmonary ventilation, characteristic of internal fire conditions.
- A mathematical model for calculating the parameters of heat and mass transfer of a spotted fire that occurs during a forest fire near an energy facility was proposed. The analysis of regulatory requirements for safe distances from power facilities to the forest edge was carried out.
- An installation for determining the fire hazard of condensed materials during their thermal decomposition was created. It consists of a combustion chamber with an electric heating radiator and a condensed material sample holder placed in it. The unit reliably detects the fire hazard of condensed materials during thermal decomposition.
- A device for measuring toxic factors of thermal decomposition of substances was invented. It is designed to measure: toxic factors of thermal decomposition of substances, the rate of reduction of oxygen concentration and final smoke, dangerous to humans in a fire.
- Scientific substantiation of the prevention and liquidation of emergency situations in case of fire.
- Reduction and elimination of the risk of fire in the workplace.
- Development of measures for comprehensive protection of operating personnel of NPP.
- Development of a list of protection and technical means for operational personnel of NPP control panels.
- Development of a list of protective equipment and technical equipment for operational personnel of NPP control panels.