Constant learning; checking and rechecking information; putting up with the inevitability of mistakes and learning not to persist in delusions.
Graduated Lomonosov Moscow State University (MSU) with a degree in botany at the Department of anatomy and morphology of higher plants of the faculty of biology.
Junior researcher at the Department of plant physiology, faculty of biology, Moscow State University.
Junior researcher of the Department of radiochemistry of the faculty of Chemistry of MSU.
Defended the candidate thesis on “Communities of phototrophic organisms in excursion caves under artificial light”.
Senior researcher of the Department of radiochemistry of the faculty of Chemistry of MSU.
Associate Professor of Department of Environmental Monitoring and Forecasting of Ecological Faculty of RUDN.
Mazina Svetlana E. teaches courses of lectures for masters and postgraduates of RUDN in directions of “Ecology and nature management”, “Earth Sciences”, “Ecology”, “Geoecology”:
- “Modern biotechnologies for recultivation of municipal solid waste landfills (MSW)”;
- “Methods of scientific research in ecology”;
- “Methodology of scientific research”.
- The methods of cleaning of underground karst water from contamination have been developed. Based on the research, the underground cleaning of the watercourse of Soldatskaya cave (Republic of Crimea) has been carried out.
- The research on the dynamics of phototrophic communities under artificial light in the caves equipped for excursions has been conducted. The methods of removing unwanted phototrophic growths (lamp flora) and restoring calcite flow forms in caves have been developed. Cleaning of the lamp flora of Novoafonskaya cave (Republic of Abkhazia) and restoration of damaged calcite deposits in it have been carried out.
- The research of the dynamics of pollution in the deepest karst caves with underground streams has been conducted and recommendations for speleoexpeditions to the caves of high complexity have been developed. More than 10 expeditions to the deepest caves have been organized and conducted.
- The project of cleaning up the garbage from cave system Snezhnaya (Republic of Abkhazia) – one of the most complex caves in the world - has been implemented. The amount of garbage is estimated at several tons.
- The system of nutrition for speleologists ' expeditions to deep and complex caves has been developed and tested in several expeditions of the 6th category of complexity.
- Ecology of karst territories;
- Ecology of caves, ecology of the deepest cavities of the planet.