Graduated from the Faculty of Economics and Law of Peoples’ Friendship University named after Patrice Lumumba (now - Peoples’ Friendship University of Russia, RUDN University), specialty “Economics and Planning of the National Economy”.
Postgraduate student of the Department of Socio-Economic Geography of Foreign Countries, Faculty of Geography, Lomonosov Moscow State University.
Thesis on “Economic and geographical analysis of the evolution of agricultural types in Kenya” for the degree of Candidate of Geographical Sciences in the specialty 25.00.24 “Economic, social, political and recreational geography” was defended.
Assistant of the Department of Economic and Political Geography of the Faculty of Economics, Head of the Student Research Society of the Faculty of Economics of RUDN University.
Associate professor, Head of the Department of Economic and Political Geography (since 2003 - Regional Economics and Geography), Faculty of Economics, RUDN University.
Full member of the Russian Geographical Society.
Received a grant from the World Bank and the National Training Fund “Improving the System of Economic Education at Peoples’ Friendship University of Russia” to prepare a course book “Fundamentals of Environmental Economics” for bachelor's studies.
Member of the Educational and Methodological Commission of the Department of Educational Policy of RUDN University.
Member of the Coordinating Council of the Association of Russian Social Geographers, Commission on Economic and Geographical Education.
Winner of the competition of the National Training Fund for the creation of a new generation of educational literature for the educational and methodological complex “Geography. Advanced level.” The medal of the All-Russian Book Exhibition in the category “300 best course books of the Year” for the course book “Fundamentals of Environmental Economics” was awarded.
Received a grant from the National Training Fund for the course book for distance education in Geography (profile level), “TV School” project.
Sectoral award from the Ministry of Education and Science of the Russian Federation - the lapel badge “For scientific achievements in the education of Russia” (“For the development of research work of students”).
Expert of Federal Register of Scientific and Technical Experts Federal State Budgetary Scientific Institution “Scientific Research Institute – Federal Research Centre for Projects Evaluation and Consulting Services” (SRI FRCEC).
Supervised the project “Identification of priority countries, key partners and directions of training for the development, promotion and implementation of additional education programmes (including programmes in the Russian language and teaching in Russian) abroad”.
Responsible executor of the National Priority Project “Development of the Export Potential of the Russian education system". As a result of working on the project, it was possible to increase the attractiveness and competitiveness of Russian education in the international market of educational services.
Expert of the Ministry of Education and Science of the Russian Federation on preparation and holding of All-Russian school Olympiads in “Economics”.
Gives lectures to RUDN University students of bachelor's and master’s studies:
- “Economic Geography”;
- “Methods of analysis of regional databases”;
- “Political Geography”;
- “Interstate territorial disputes”.
Head and lecturer in additional education programmes of RUDN University:
- “Russia in the world”;
- “Implementation of project activities within new generation standards”;
- “Competitiveness of branches of the Russian economy in the world markets”;
- “Financial management in economic sectors: theory and practice”;
- “Interactive projects in the teaching of Economic Geography: Russian and foreign experience”;
- “Interactive methods and formation of an individual learning trajectory of Socio-economic Geography in the teaching of basic, specialized and elective courses”;
- “Organization of project activities in teaching of Economic Geography”;
- “Socio-economic Geography: theory, methodology, project activity”;
- “New Economic Geography: theory and practice”.
Author of the following course books and study guides:
- Kholina V. N. Geography. Advanced level. 10th grade: course book. - M.: Drofa, 8 editions 2006-2020, 496 p., fig., maps. Recommended by the Ministry of Education and Science of the Russian Federation Winner of the NTF competition to create a new generation of educational literature.
The course book is an integral part of EMC - a contest winner of the National Training Fund (NTF) to create innovative teaching materials. It consists of two books, in which the course of socio-economic geography of the world is considered at the profile level (210 hours in 10th and 11th grades). Individual sections of the course book can be studied as elective courses.
- Kholina V. N. Geography. Advanced level. 11th grade: course book. - M.: Drofa, 8 editions 2008-2020, 334 p., fig., maps. Recommended by the Ministry of Education and Science of the Russian Federation. Winner of the NTF competition to create a new generation of educational literature.
Course book corresponds to the FSES of secondary education and is part of the EMC - contest winner of the National Training Fund (NTF) to create innovative teaching materials. The course of socio-economic geography of the world is considered in the course book at an advanced level (210 hours in 10th and 11th grades). Individual sections of the course book can be studied as elective courses.
- Geography: advanced level: atlas for students, teachers / under the general editorship of V. N. Kholina. - Moscow: Drofa, 8 editions 2013-2019 - 80 p.: fig., maps.
Atlas is a component of the EMC by V. N. Kholina “Geography. 10th and 11th grades. Profile level” and is intended for high school students, applicants, bachelor’s studies students, as well as for teachers of secondary and schools and universities.
- Kholina V. N. Geography. 10th grade Advanced level: workbook to the course book by V. N. Kholina “Geography. 10th grade. Advanced level” / V. N. Kholina - M.: Drofa, 6 editions 2005-2019, 112 p.
Workbook is part of the EMC “Geography. 10th grade. Advanced level.” The tasks of the workbook meet the requirements of the FSES for secondary (full) general education and are aimed at developing the ability to work with information, analyze it, summarize it and present it. Links to online resources will allow you to expand your understanding of the topic under study.
- Developed and implemented a competence-based approach to teaching Economic Geography at an advanced level. The content and subject of the geography course are as close as possible to the realities of modern life. The system of complex tasks allows students to independently find patterns of socio-economic development through working with databases of statistical data and developing their own projects, draw conclusions, show analytical skills and the ability to work in a team;
- Developed a unique method of multi-factor analysis to identify key countries in order to promote the Russian language and education in Russian (taking into account the factors of socio-economic development, historical, cultural and economic relations with the USSR and the Russian Federation).
- Geographical education;
- Global education market, potential of countries and regions in terms of promoting Russian education and the Russian language;
- Spatial structure of the economy of countries of different socio-economic types;
- Geography of agriculture.