✔ 1st President of the State of Palestine
✔ 2005-2013 - President of the Palestinian National Authority
✔ 2003 - Prime Minister of the Palestinian National Authority
✔ 2004 - Chairman of the Palestine Liberation Organization
He is the honorary chairman of the Society for Palestinian-Russian Friendship, the first country outside the Arab world that Abbas visited after his election as the leader of Palestine, was Russia. The author of 11 books. Awards:
* Grand Cross with the golden star of the Order, For the merits of Sanchez, Duarte and Mella (Dominican Republic)
* The Order of Friendship (Russia) - for the great contribution to the strengthening of Russian-Palestinian relations, the development of bilateral public and humanitarian ties
* Order of Francisco Miranda I class (Venezuela)
* The Order of Al-Fahr, 1st Degree (Council of Muftis of Russia) - for significant contribution to the settlement of the Palestinian-Israeli conflict and the establishment of peace in the Middle East region
* Order of Glory and Honor, I degree, in consideration of the contribution to the development of relations between the State of Palestine and the Russian Orthodox Church, and also in connection with the 80th anniversary of his birth.
Bacteria in biofilms are 1,000 times more resistant to antibiotics, disinfectants, mechanical treatment, and other types of stress. A chemist from RUDN University suggested a method to prevent the formation of biofilms and reduce the resistance of bacteria to antimicrobial medications. This might help increase the efficiency of antibacterial treatment in the food industry, medicine, and agriculture.
A specialist in spacecraft movement control analyzed the process of placing vehicle stages, boosters, and other space debris into the so-called disposal orbit and suggested cleaning lower orbits up with a spacecraft that has modules with engine units on board. These modules will attach to space debris objects and move them away. As for the geostationary orbit, a preferable way to clean it up would be a towing spacecraft that transports space debris objects into the disposal orbit.
A biologist from RUDN University studied the development of the immune response in prepubertal male and female animals. According to her, the severity and mortality of infectious and inflammatory diseases at this age depend not on the sex hormones, but mainly on the chromosome set or karyotype.