International conference "Languages and Cultures in the Age of Globalization: Peculiarities of Functioning, Prospects for Development and Interaction"
21-22 April at 10:30 MSK
The XI international conference “Languages and Cultures in the Age of Globalization: Peculiarities of Functioning, Prospects for Development and Interaction” will be held at the Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences of Peoples’ Friendship University of Russia. The international conference arranged for teachers of foreign languages will contribute to improving the quality of learning foreign languages and cultures in accordance with the new requirements for education in Social Sciences and Humanities. Globalization process brings about the necessity of changing methods of foreign languages learning, rethinking global values, methodological basis and the results of linguistic education.
The conference will promote innovative didactic and methodological materials, and teaching aids presented by the conference participants. The conference will also contribute to the study of foreign experience and the development of international cooperation in the field of education. In this connection, the presentation of the reports demonstrating advanced research and innovative methods is welcome. The Conference will be held with the use of distance learning technologies.
The objectives of the conference are the following
- to discuss the realities and opportunities for the dialogue of cultures in the modern world;
- to discuss methods of teaching languages and cultures in the context of the Bologna process;
- to analyze modern methods and technologies in teaching foreign languages and cultures;
- to underline the major trends of ESP teaching in the context of globalization;
- to consider the main methodological issues of students’ phonetic, lexical and grammatical skills development.
During the conference, it is planned to discuss
- special features of teaching foreign languages to the students of social sciences humanities;
- the peculiarities of intercultural communication in the context of globalization, the interaction of languages and cultures in the modern world;
- inter-linguistic contacts: historical and cultural, ethnolinguistic, sociolinguistic, etc;
- educational technologies and methods of foreign language learning at the beginner’s stage;
- methods of teaching second foreign language to international students;
- problems and prospects of informatization in foreign language learning;
- additional education (in foreign languages);
- the role of language internships in language learning;
The working languages of the conference are: Russian, English, French, Arabic, Chinese, Persian.
The conference has become a significant event where foreign language learners and teachers from the leading universities throughout the world get together to present their projects and share their knowledge.
You are invited to submit your paper and the Registration form at the email@example.com and to participate in the conference.
The deadline for papers submission is 21st of March, 2022.
There is no participation fee.