RUDN University took part in the III International Specialized Exhibition «Import Substitution» at the Crocus Expo
September 12-14, 2017 RUDN University took part in the III International Specialized Exhibition «Import Substitution» at the Crocus Expo IEC within the framework of the RUDN University Competitiveness Project among the world's leading research and educational centers (5-100).
The exhibition was aimed to demonstrate the capabilities and achievements of Russian manufacturers in the field of competitive import substitution of goods and services due to the expansion and development of own production, as well as the latest technology, advanced development and investment projects that characterize scientific-technical and industrial potential of our country.
Prime Minister Dmitry Medvedev took part in the opening ceremony of the exhibition «Import Replacement» this year. There was also a meeting on the prospects of import substitution, at which ministers and heads of the profile Russian enterprises came to the conclusion that high-quality Russian products are completely able to substitute foreign analogues in the domestic market and successfully sell on export market.
RUDN University research teams presented their scientific projects at the exhibition:
- project in the field of eco-sustainable construction «CUBER science center» (RUDN University Engineering Academy);
- innovative pharmaceutical form s of domestic drugs (RUDN University Shared Research and Educational Center);
- technologies for growing crops, based on clonal micropropagation using a healthy virus-free planting material, methods for their improvement (RUDN University Agrarian-Technological Institute «Meristem»);
- Innovative technologies in the area of obtaining carbon nanostructures (RUDN University Institute of Biochemical Technology and Nanotechnology RUDN UNIVERSITY).
Thematic sections of the exhibition:
- Production of consumer goods and services for the population;
- Trade organizations;
- Medicine and pharmaceutics;
- Production, processing and storage of food products;
- Construction industry;
- Machinetool construction and production of special high-performance equipment;
- woodworking industry;
- Fuel and energy complex;
- Transport and logistics in the organization of work on import substitution;
- Banks and financial services in the field of import substitution;
- Investment institutions, securities, audit;
- Expositions of regional projects in the field of import substitution;
- Expositions of foreign projects;
- Scientific developments in the field of import substitution, including nanotechnology;
- Innovative importsubstituting technologies in chemistry, oil and gas industries;
- Innovative importsubstituting information technologies, radio electronic industry and communications;
- Importsubstituting dual-use technologies and import-substituting materials;
- Protection of the environment in the organization of work on import substitution;
- Training and retraining of personnel.
RUDN University biologist with colleagues from Brazil and Iran found how to alleviate the stress of fish during transportation. It turned out that this can be achieved with salted water.
RUDN University agronomists have proposed a new scheme for fertilizing winter wheat, which allows increasing the yield by 68%. The key to this is in the combination of nitrogen and growth regulators.