Graduated with honors from the Faculty of History and Philology of Peoples’ Friendship University named after P. Lumumba (now RUDN University), speciality “Philologist, teacher of Russian language and literature”; qualification of a translator from English into Russian; qualification of a translator from Swahili into Russian.
Trainee- lecturer of the Department of Russian language No 3 of the Preparatory Faculty of Peoples’ Friendship University named after P. Lumumba.
Candidate thesis on “Actual division of complex sentences with lexically not expressed theme” was defended. The degree of Candidate of Philological Sciences was awarded.
The title academic of Associate Professor at the Department of General Linguistics was awarded.
Doctoral thesis on “Semantics and pragmatics of Russian performative statements” was defended. The degree of Doctor of Philological Sciences was awarded.
Associate professor, professor of the Department of General and Russian Linguistics of the Philological Faculty RUDN University.
Member of the dissertation Council of RUDN University in Philological Sciences (from 2015 - 2018 - deputy chairman).
The academic title of Professor of the Department of General and Russian Linguistics of the Philological Faculty RUDN University was awarded.
Member of the editorial Board of the scientific journal Vestnik RUDN. Series “Theory of language. Semiotics. Semantics” (from 2010 to 2017 - deputy chief editor of the journal) - list of HAC of the Russian Federation.
Diploma of the Ministry of Education and Science of the Russian Federation “For great contribution to the training of highly qualified specialists, significant success in research and scientific and methodical work and many years of fruitful work” (Order of the Ministry of Education and Science of the Russian Federation. December 13, 2012, No 156/k-n); Labor veteran of the Russian Federation.
Member of the editorial Board of the scientific journal “Topical issues of Philology and Pedagogical Linguistics” (Vladikavkaz, North Ossetian State University after K.L. Khetagurov) - list of HAC of the Russian Federation.
Member of the dissertation Council on Philological Sciences at Moscow Region State University (specialties: Theory of language; comparative and historical, typological and comparative linguistics); deputy chairman of the dissertation Council on Philological Sciences of RUDN University (specialties: Russian language; comparative and historical, typological and comparative linguistics).
Pedagogical experience - more than 40 years in accordance with the qualification.
Conducts lectures in Russian and English languages for RUDN students of master’s program in the direction of “Linguistics”; for postgraduate students in the direction of “Russian language and literature” (in Russian and English); master's program specialization “Theoretical and applied linguistics” (in English):
- “Theory and history of linguistics” (in Russian. and English language);
- “Philology in the system of humanitarian knowledge” (in English language);
- “General linguistics” (in English language);
- “Methods of linguistic research” (in English language);
- “Scientific research methodology (postgraduate students)” (in Russian and English language.)
- The theoretical basis was developed and master's program in English was proposed “Theoretical and applied linguistics” / / Theoretical and Applied Linguistics, which operates at the Department of General and Russian Linguistics of the Philological Faculty RUDN University since 2010.
- The program of RUDN University further education “Russian language - the language of the specialty” (co-author - Perfileva N.V. associate professor of the Department of General and Russian Linguistics) was developed and the main materials, with the lecture course was prepared. The program was implemented jointly with the University of Tartu in October 2016 and in April 2019 at the Philological Faculty RUDN University.
- The interdisciplinary program for postgraduate students “Methodology of scientific research” in Russian and English languages was developed.
- The semiotic aspect of the theory of speech acts in the Russian language was developed.
- The theoretical understanding of three-level analysis of linguistic units - from word to text as a comprehensive description of their forms, meanings and functions was deepened.
- Further development of the idea of the so-called “non-linear grammar”: syntactic context and actual division was proposed.
- Criteria and principles of comparative and contrastive studies of languages of different structures was developed.
- The principles for the interaction of gender and form and whole and particular links as an integral component of linguistic methodology were specified.
- Theory of language and lingvo-semiotics;
- Theory of text and discourse;
- Theory of intertextuality;
- Theoretical syntax;
- Functional and semantic research;
- Theory and practice of translation;
- Methodology and methods of research.
Information about the defended postgraduate students
Year of protection: 2017
Research topic: Lexical and grammatical resources of functional equivalence in the translation of literary texts from Italian into Russian
Annotation to the dissertation: The thesis is devoted to the analysis of lexical and grammatical resources of functional equivalence in the translation of literary texts from Italian into Russian by the example of contemporary Italian writer A. Baricco’s novels and their Russian translations. For the first time the thesis presents a comparative analysis of A. Baricco’s literary works and their Russian translations: it is carried out within a scientific research in the field of translation and comparative linguistic studies. For the first time a link is observed and built between the category of figurativeness in the source text and translation as the main characteristics of the literary text in Italian into Russian translation from the point of view of functional equivalence. The system of lexical and grammatical (syntactical) resources is applied in realizing the functional equivalence in literary translation. The linguistic material presented in the thesis, as well as the results of the research can be applied in the scientific field, including further development of functional equivalence concept in literary translation not only from Italian into Russian, but also concerning other languages. Furthermore, the linguistic material can be used in the process of teaching Italian language to Russian speakers and Russian language to Italian speakers. The result of the thesis can be included in the university courses in comparative linguistics, linguistic semantics, literary text studies and the theory and practice of translation in philological and linguistic universities.
Year of protection: 2016
Research topic: Phenomenon of Greek substratum in compounding derivational models (based on the entries of defining and foreign words explanatory dictionaries in Russian)
Annotation to the dissertation: The dissertation treats lexical units of the Russian language, namely, compound nouns which contain derivation components of Greek origin. In course of analysis there are being studied peculiarities and regularities of Greek substratum in derivational models of compound nouns in modern Russian as well as its role in both forming structure and semantics of a hybrid word-composite. Within approved onomasiological approach structures of compound words with a Greek loan component is described; their structural and semantic features are revealed, correlations of structure and meaning are established. Results and conclusions of the thesis could be further useful to elaboration theory and practice of comparative language studies, in lexicography and various university linguistic courses as well as teaching Russian as a foreign language.
Year of protection: 2015
Research topic: Secondary Colour Terms in Dictionary and Literary Text (in English and Ukrainian)
Annotation to the dissertation: The dissertation is a complex contrastive-comparative study of secondary colour terms in two languages of different structure – analytical English and inflectional Ukrainian. The work treats similarities and differences of colour terms lexicographical representation both in English and Ukrainian, presents the list of English and Ukrainian secondary colour terms fixed as dictionary entries, describes colour terms structural-grammatical and lexico-semantic parameters, considers linguocultural peculiarities of the studied units in the English and Ukrainian languages, specifies colour terms classification. The dissertation analyses the functioning of English and Ukrainian lexical units of secondary colour nomination in English and Ukrainian literary texts. The research points out structural-grammatical and lexico-semantic types of the studied units, the denotation types characterized by English and Ukrainian lexical units with secondary colour nomination, their contextual meaning. The investigation reveals similarities and differencies of secondary colour terms in contrastive-comparative aspect.