Strict and rigorous adherence to the empirical and inductive method: in sociolinguistics and linguistics of language contacts, there can be no hypotheses before and outside of the field research.
Graduated from Peoples’ Friendship University of Russia (RUDN), speciality “Russian language and literature” and “Philology”.
Postgraduate studies at the Department of General and Russian Linguistics of Philological Faculty of Peoples’ Friendship University of Russia.
Candidate thesis on “Formal differentiation of lexical and semantic variants in the Russian language” was defended. The degree of Candidate of Philological Sciences was awarded.
Assistant, form 2004 - associate professor of the Department of Foreign Languages of the Philological Faculty RUDN University.
Head of the joint master's program “Russian Language and Literature” within the consortium of the Network University with the CIS countries.
Head of the double postgraduate program with the University of Toulouse-Jean Jaurès (France) in the specialty “Russian language”.
The medal for the 80th anniversary of Al-Farabi Kazakh National University for his contribution to the development of the University was awarded.
Delivers lectures for RUDN students of bachelor’s, master’s program and for post-graduate students in the direction of “Linguistics”:
- “Introduction to linguistics”,
- “History and methodology of science “Linguistics”,
- “General linguistics and the history of linguistic studies”,
- “Language contacts in Russia and the post-Soviet space”.
Gave lectures at foreign universities:
- 2004 - University of Sorbonne Nouvelle Paris 3 (France),
- 2008 - University of Bordeaux 3 Michel de Montaigne (France),
- 2010 - University of Bordeaux 3 Michel de Montaigne (France),
- 2012 - University of Kelaniya, Colombo (Sri Lanka),
- 2019 - University of Bordeaux-Montaigne (France).
- Methods and protocols for the study of minority languages and languages in minority situations, on the basis of which a group of scientists examined the situation of idioms of the Karelian, Tatar, Azerbaijani, and Tajik languages;
- Methods for analyzing the need for a minority language by such parameters as: language loyalty, prestige and status of the language, language territory and borders;
- Methods for analyzing strategies for overcoming frustration in the context of language loss in the case of instability and negative dynamics of the natural language environment.
As a result of scientific research received:
- Typology of the need for a minority language and language in a minority situation;
- Typology of language loyalty;
- Typology of motivation for learning a minority language and language in a minority situation.
- Conducted a comparative analysis of the types and directions of sociolinguistic research in Russia (USSR) and France in the 20s of the twentieth century. As a result of the research, similarities and differences in the language ideology and language policy in France and Russia were identified, and mutual influence of the Russian and French schools of sociolinguistics was analyzed. (RHSF grant “Interaction and mutual influence of the Humanities in Russia and France in the first half of the twentieth century”).
- Conducted a comparative analysis of the semantics of Russian and French terms in the field of sociolinguistic categorization of languages. As a result of the research conducted under the guidance of A. Viaut, the database “Categorization of minority languages in Europe” was created (https://www.msha.fr/baseclme/) (grant “Minority languages and language borders in Europe” of the Aquitaine Region, House of Human Sciences Aquitaine (France), 2009-2014 and grant “Typology of minority and historical languages in Europe”. Grant of the Aquitaine Region, Aquitaine House of Human Sciences (France), 2014-2018).
- Studied the sociolinguistic situation of the Karelian language in terms of the need for a minority language and language loyalty in border areas. As a result of the research, a typology of the need for a minority language was proposed, and factors of language loyalty were identified and conceptualized (RHSF grant N. 11-26-17001a / Fra (international competition of RHSF and CNRS (France) “Need for mastering and using languages on the periphery of language spaces: psycholinguistic and sociolinguistic aspects”, 2011-2013).
- Studied the sociolinguistic dynamics of a number of idioms of the Tatar language through the prism of glossonyms and representations of native speakers of idioms about their language (grant “Nomination des variétés de langue minoritaire et identification sociolinguistique, comparaison franco-russe (tatar Vs occitan et basque)" [Nominations of minority language variants and sociolinguistic identification: Franco-Russian Parallels (Tatar & Occitan/Basque languages)]of the center for Franco-Russian studies (Moscow) and the House of Human Sciences, Aquitaine, 2019).
- Developed the methodology for studying the need for language and language strategies in terms of external and internal migration of different types, organized a series of studies of migration languages in Moscow. As a result, proposed a number of configurations that reflect the dynamics of the relationship between the standard language and its idioms, taking into account historical, ideological and political factors in Western Europe and Russia (research project “Functional dynamics and representations of languages and cultures of internal and external migration in urban environment”, 2019).
- Macro-sociolinguistic studies of the situation of minority languages in areas of language contacts.
- Study of descriptive and operational analytical constructs in relation to minority languages and languages in a minority situation (standardization, language normalization, prestige, loyalty, need for language, space/territory and language, etc.).
- Study of the territorial dynamics of minority languages and the dynamics of language planning.