Graduated with honours from the Peoples’ Friendship University named after P. Lumumba with the major in "International Journalism".
Defended his thesis at M. V. Lomonosov Moscow State University on "Mass Media of the Bangladesh Communist party (Development and present state)", awarded with the degree of candidate of Philological Sciences.
Defended his PhD thesis in ISPI Russian Academy of Sciences on the subject of "Advertising as a social institution: the emergence and main stages of development", awarded the degree of PhD of Sociology.
V. L. Muzykant is the first person who defended his PhD thesis on the subject of advertising communication in Russia.
Awarded the academic title of Professor at the Department of Press, Broadcasting and Television of the RUDN.
Conducting corporate training of employees of production companies and advertising agencies as a guest expert on branding and communication policy in the cities of Yekaterinburg, Orenburg, Voronezh, Lipetsk, Kazan, Krasnoyarsk, Krasnodar, Perm, Yerevan, Berlin, Riccioni-Palermo (Italy), Moscow (Association of Independent Publishers, Evraz-holding, Siemens, Samsung, Mercedes-Daimler), etc.
Visiting Professor of the Russian Presidential Academy of National Economy and Public Administration – Higher School of Finance and Management (teaches courses for MBA students: "Marketing of communications", "Marketing", "Modern advertising technologies").
Member of the Thesis Board of RUDN in the field of "Sociological Sciences" (specialties: theory, methodology and history of sociology; sociology of management).
Winner of the National award RASO "Silver Archer - 2005" – nomination "The best work in the field of development of public relations" (for the book "The formation of the brand by means of advertising and PR", Moscow: Economist, 2005).
Awarded by the Russian Association of Communication Agencies (RACA) and the Russian Association for Public Relations (RAPR) as the winner of competitions for the best textbook for higher school.
Awarded the Diploma of the Ministry of Telecom and Mass Communications of the Russian Federation for merits in the development of communication, information technologies and mass communications, long-term conscientious work.
Awarded with a Letter of Appreciation from the Ministry of Higher Education of China for accreditation in the specialty "Advertising" at Jinan University in Guangzhou.
Member of the Joint International Commission for Accreditation of Advertising program at Jinan University (Guangzhou, China).
The first prize of RASO "Silver Archer - 2018" in the category "Best work on the development of public relations for the textbook “Brand Communication” in the team of authors."
- Teacher of courses for undergraduate and graduate students in the "Advertising and Public Relations" line of study: "Basics of advertising and PR", "Fundamentals of integrated communications in advertising", "Media planning"; for students in the "Journalism" line of study - "Media economics", "Integrated marketing communications", etc.
- Lectures in English for students in the "Applied International Journalism" line of study (master's degree) "Media economy", "Media sociology".
- 1995-1996 - conducting classes on courses "Advertising and PR", "Integrated marketing communications" at the School of Journalism and Mass Communications of the University of North Carolina (School of Journalism and Communication at the Chapel Hill - University of North Carolina/UNC (USA) for students in the “Journalism” line of study (bachelor's/master's degree) and "Public Relations" (master's degree).
- 2012 – conducting classes at Beijing Technological University (Beijing Technological University) on the course "Innovation Management" for students of MBA and EMBA programs).
- 2016 - conducting classes at the University of Cadiz - UCA (Spain) on the program "Russian-Spanish communication discourse: prospects for cooperation" for students in the "Cross-cultural communication" "This is Russia - Intercultural and Tourism communication" lines of study (master's degree).
- 2017 - conducting classes on the course "International Management" at the Lublin Polytechnic University (Lublin University of Technology, Poland) for students in the "Management" line of study (bachelor).
- 2006-2012 – member of the Presidium of the Council of Educational and Methodical Association (UMO) of the Ministry of Education and Science of the Russian Federation, specialty "Commerce". Chairman of the State Attestation Commission (SAC) in the specialty "Advertising" of the Russian State University of Trade and Economics (RSUTE/PRUE named after Plekhanov)
- Conducts training in innovative methods of teaching and learning in Russian and foreign universities (China, Spain, USA). He is one of the developers of the State educational standard of higher professional education in the specialty "Advertising" of the 2nd (2000) and 3rd generation (2009-2011).
- Studies sociology of branding management, conducts research on psycho-and sociolinguistics, cross-cultural communications, studies the features of the creation of a subculture of the international team of the University in order to form professional elites for different countries of the world, the formation of personality in the cross-cultural space, explores the culture of branding and competence in the media economy. At the centre for studies of brand competence of modern specialist seeking to professionally and personally aimed to reach new heights in research branding technology, linguo-pragmatic brand communications, i.e. to grow in terms of value.
- Developed and implemented in the educational process on the basis of published author's innovative textbook program "Fundamentals of integrated communications" for undergraduate students, prepared marketing tools used for audit in the divisions of Samsung, Takeda, Mercedes-Benz Russia, etc.
- Explores the problems of cross-cultural communication, branding in the socio-cultural space. Reveals the features of sociological branding management, analyzes the problems of marketing audit for growing and mature markets. The research results are used in the organization of courses for foreign students-masters of RUDN, The Russian Presidential Academy of National Economy and Public Administration. On the basis of the research results, the courses "Media Economy", "Media Sociology" were developed and implemented in the master's degree program of RUDN.
- Author of 17 textbooks and manuals in EKSMO, Economist, INFRA-M, YURAIT, DROFA publishing houses with the Stamp of the Ministry of Education and Science of the Russian Federation, Educational and Methodical Association in the specialties 032401-Advertising, 080111-Marketing. Author of 3 textbooks with the Stamp of the International Advertising Association – IAA and 6 monographs published in Russia and abroad. He was awarded an Honorary Diploma of the Minister of Communications and Mass Communications of the Russian Federation, multiple winner of professional competitions of the Association of Communication Agencies of Russia (ACAR), in the field of Public Relations – "Silver Archer".
- Author of over 200 articles on branding and communications in Russia and abroad. According to RSCI 2016 is in the Top 50 of most cited Russian scientists (mass communication, media).
- H-index 13 (2017), Scopus ID orcid.org/0000-0001-9422-351X
- Member-coordinator of the International Communication Association / ICA (USA) in RUDN.
Areas of Expertise
- Implementation of the marketing management system "turnkey" for enterprises, carrying out a system analysis of the company's communications.
- Application of modern PR-technologies in business, commerce, politics.
Information about the defended postgraduate students
Year of protection: 2017
Research topic: Convergence of glossy magazines: genre-typological characteristics of materials in SMM
Annotation to the dissertation: Dissertation research is devoted to the process of convergence of glossy magazines, the content and genre characteristics of journalistic materials published in the Internet media. The study determines the place and role of glossy magazines in the modern media system, including the evolution of this segment in social networks and analyzes the features of the presentation of glossy magazines in social media. The author determines the importance of using Social Media Marketing and the possibilities of PR technologies in the modern media environment. As a result, the author comes to the conclusion that glossy magazines have won special positions and ways of promotion in social networks. Being originally selling media aimed at visual content, they successfully transform into the current communicative environment of the Internet. The genres of glossy magazines in the transition to the network remain, however, they receive a fundamentally new content, becoming out of mediated means of communication direct and endowed with interactivity.