A course of lectures by David Schultz, Professor of the Department of Public Administration and Political Science of the United States "Public Policy and Political Process"
At the Department of Public and Municipal Administration of the RUDN University, Doctor of Political Sciences, Professor David Schultz (Hamlin University, University of Minnesota (QS-156) USA) will have a course of lectures for students on the topic “Public Policy and Political process”.
It will include the following topical issues:
- What is public policy and who makes and administers it in the United States?
- Is it possible or desirable to make rational policy and if not, what forces drive or affect the making of laws in America?
- Examination of the major factors, processes, and actors influencing the formation, implementation, and evaluation of American public policy at the national, state, and local level
- US national environmental policy making and implementation.
A separate block of lectures will be devoted to the problems of parliamentarism, the constitution and elections, which is especially important in 2020, when, in the context of a global pandemic and isolation, a political system and a state have to fulfill their direct functions of maintaining economic and social stability, security of citizens, organizing their participation in political life of the country.
During this course, students of the Department of Public and Municipal Administration of RUDN University will be able not only to receive an expert assessment of the public political process and public administration in the United States and to expand their professional vocabulary with modern political science terminology, but also to take part in a scientific discussion in English with students of the Department of Public Administration and Political Science, University of Minnesota (QS-156, USA).
Information for participants:
- Language of the course: English
- The format of course is free, distance-based format on the Zoom platform.
- A link to the event will be sent after preliminary registration. An application for participation with "Lectures of Professor Schultz" as the subject line should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Number of participants from RUDN University participating in the reception: 20 people.