International Scientific and Practical Conference “Modern Media Text and Forensic Expertise: Interdisciplinary Connections and Expert Evaluation”
International research and practice conference “Modern Media Text and Forensics: Interdisciplinary Connections and Expertise” is organized by the Federal State Autonomous Educational Institution of Higher Education “Peoples’ Friendship University of Russia” in cooperation with the Moscow Research Center supported by the Department of Regional Security and Anti-Corruption Activities in Moscow.
The purpose of the conference is to discuss research and expert practices of analyzing the products of speech activity, especially materials of digital communication media, namely media texts.
The subject matter of the conference will be the most controversial issues of the analysis of modern media communications, which are of interest for forensic examination.
The following directions of work are planned:
- Issues of linguistic semantics and discourse analysis of media texts as applied to the tasks of linguistic expertise.
- Application of achievements of cognitive linguistics, media linguistics, linguoconflictology, psycholinguistics and neurolinguistics in forensic examination of media discourse.
- Active language processes in network communication and new objects of expert evaluation.
- Unresolved issues of linguistic theory and expert practice in relation to verbal offenses committed in the media environment.
- Computer linguistics resources for the solution of expert tasks: corpus data, automated methods of processing virtual content.
- Modern text theory in the service of forensic linguistics.
- Mediadiscourse as a specific object of psychological expert analysis.
- Current state and prospects of development of media-discourse forensic examination.
In the framework of the conference there will be organized:
- master-classes on conducting linguistic expertise of controversial texts from leading experts;
- round table on topical issues of applying the achievements of modern linguistics to the forensic examination of media discourse;
- Advanced training program “Analysis of products of speech activity in forensic examination” (72 hours). Upon completion of the program, students receive a certificate of advanced training of the established standard pattern;
- Special event of the cultural program — “Music Planet #46 “Young men are nourished by sciences”.
After the conference will be published a conference proceedings (with assignment of ISBN and article-by-article entering into the Russian Science Citation Index database). The best articles will be published in the journal indexed in the Higher Attestation Commission system.
FORM OF PARTICIPATION
- offline/online participation;
- just publication;
- just listening offline/online.
REGISTRATION COST — 600 rubles
Deadline to apply for participation: April 2, 2023;
- Deadline for submission of research papers: June 1, 2023;
- Conference dates: October 12-13, 2023 (Moscow, Russia).