International XX scientific conference “The situation in Afghanistan and the formation of a regional security system in Central Asia”
The destabilization of the situation is largely influenced by the contradictions existing between the main regional players. Hence there is a need to conduct a comprehensive analysis of the policies of countries such as Iran, Pakistan, India and the policies of the leading external players - Russia, the United States, the UK, the European Union, China, whose positions affect the balance of power in the region.
The goal of the event is to provide scientific analysis of the situation in Central Asia on issues of regional security, as well as to develop evidence-based proposals to stabilize the situation in Afghanistan as a whole and in the macro-region.
The conference is attended by specialists of Moscow State Institute of International Relations of MGIMO (U), Russian Institute for Strategic Studies (RISS), Russian Presidential Academy of National Economy and Public Administration (RANEPA), Institute of Oriental Studies of the Russian Academy of Sciences and other leading research centers.
Geography of participants: Russia, Afghanistan
Subject (problematics) of the event:
- Afghanistan in the context of new regional challenges and threats;
- ISIS activities in Afghanistan in connection with the situation in Syria. The Position of The Taliban;
- peculiarities of the position of the neighboring countries on the settlement of the situation in Afghanistan (Central Asian countries, Iran, Pakistan, India);
- role and place of international organizations in the settlement of the situation in Afghanistan;
- possibilities of expanding Russia-Afghanistan cooperation in order to stabilize the situation in Central Asia;
- humanitarian aspects of the internal political situation in Afghanistan and their regional assessment;
- energy problem of Central Asian States and Afghanistan relations.
Results of the event: Collection of scientific articles