Lecture "Ultrasound-promoted polymer-analogous transformations of chitin and chitosan, antimicrobial activity of the obtained derivatives and their-based new materials"
The event passed
21 Oct 2020
About the event
21 October at 14:00 MSK
The lecture will focus on:
- Possibility of promoting of a number of organic transformations in the chemistry of chitin and chitosan by ultrasound.
- The promoting role of platinum(II) in the interaction of ketonitrons with nitrile substrates, the reversibility of this metal-mediated 1,3-dipolar cycloaddition. Promoting role of palladium(II) in the interaction of ketonitrons with isonitrile substrates: nucleophilic oxygenation of coordinated isonitriles by ketonitrons.
- Organic polymer-analogous transformations, new for the chitosan chemistry (azide-nitrile cycloaddition, phenol and thiol-in addition, promoted by Pt(II) nitrone-nitrile cycloaddition).
- Efficient and convenient preparative methods for the synthesis of six new water-soluble chitin derivatives.
- High catalytic activity as homogeneous organic catalysts of tetrazole and triazole derivatives of chitin and chitosan in the aldol reaction, oxadiazole derivatives of chitosan in the synthesis of monoglycerides through the opening of the epoxy ring. Catalytic activity of imino-isonitrile palladium (II) complexes (including those based on a chitin derivative) in the Sonogashira reaction.
- High antimicrobial activity of the obtained derivatives of chitin and chitosan, as well as nanoparticles based on them (including in vivo)
- Obtaining highly active coatings for bananas by blending of a triazolebetaine derivative of chitosan with a sodium salt of succinylchitosan.
- An approach to obtaining new nanoparticles with simultaneously active (antibacterial, antioxidant, photoprotective) and “smart” (tremoindicator) properties, as well as highly effective coatings for cheese containing these nanoparticles.
Participants: students, postgraduates and scientific-pedagogical workers of the faculty of Sciences of RUDN and other Universities.
Lecturer: Andreii Kritchenkov (RUDN University, Russia).
Seminar “Effects and challenges of wireless sensor networks and internet of things in smart cities”
Seminar “6TiSCH Tri-Layer Network Architecture for Energy-Efficient Offloading in Smart Industries”