The III National Congress "Oncology of Reproductive Organs: from Prevention and Early Detection to Effective Treatment". Interdisciplinary Forum "Breast Medicine"
On the agenda of the event
Fact 1. Mortality from cancer of reproductive organs in the Russian Federation is still unacceptably high
Neoplasms still occupy the second place in the structure of all causes of death of Russians, leading to no less than 15.5% of all deaths. Besides, precancerous and cancerous diseases of female and male reproductive organs are one of the most acute problems in Russia, since they account for almost 40% of all cancer morbidity in our country.
Fact 2: Cancer is curable if detected early
In the 21st century cancer ceased to be a verdict diagnosis – today another concept prevailed: cancer can be cured, but under one condition – if it is detected as early as possible. That is why the detection of a malignant tumor of any localization at a late stage always indicates insufficient coverage of the population with screening programs, gaps in systemic preventive and health education activities and the difficulties of interdisciplinary interaction.
Fact 3. Cancer morbidity and mortality can be reduced at the national level only through joint efforts.
Geography of participants: Russia, Belarus, Ukraine, Georgia, Azerbaijan.
Theme (agenda) of the event:
- HPV prevention: from regional vaccination programs to the national vaccination calendar;
- colposcopy master class. Gynecologist and oncologist’s consilium;
- precancerous cervical diseases. The boundaries of competence;
- cervical screening as a strategy to combat cervical cancer;
- clinical cytology: what a practicing physician needs to know;
- overcoming the difficulties of diagnostics and treatment of vulvar diseases;
- program of early diagnosis in oncourology;
- ovarian cancer is curable.
Conditions for participation in the event: information letter
Results of the event: a collection of scientific articles